Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and Weather Display?

Rupp,
    You mentioned in a different thread that on a 1GHZ system that when Homeseer and Weather Display are running at the same time that the CPU useage goes to 100%. It seems that this is a flaw in the software design of Weather Display? What are your thoughts about this and how to rectify it? Doesn't seem reasonable to have to go to a brand new super fast computer just to be able to run Weather Display. Maybe I should just go back to VWS by Ambient. I like Weather Display, but may not be the best solution or maybe I'm missing something. Please let me know your thoughts. Also anyone else that has thoughts on this go ahead and chime in.

This is happening because I use a one wire weather station and it polls the DS9097U every 1 second. The pushes the CPU to 60 -70% per poll.

HS, when it runs a semi complex script runs any PC to 100%. Even my new 3 GHZ machine. So when you combine HS and WD there will be times of 100% CPU usage.

As far as VWS this ran my 1GHZ machine to 80 90 % CPU any time I had that app active and is one of the major reasons I dropped it for WD. Also considering the fact that in order to use a one-wire system on VWS you have to buy the onesix server connector that costs around $100 well you see the difference.

There are plenty of users running WD on 300 GHZ machines without any problems so in reality the problem lies more with HS than WD. HS has grown to the point where they definitely need to get the code in a multi-threaded environment. But there are ways to work around this as well.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I run both HS and WD on a celeron 800. It sometimes gets to 100%, but certainly not due to WD alone. It will spike to about 75% as it polls, and HS will peg it to 100% at times while executing a script....but it never (or at least very rarely) causes a problem.

[This message was edited by JeffCharger on Thu, 15 January 2004 at 07:44 AM.]

[This message was edited by JeffCharger on Thu, 15 January 2004 at 07:45 AM.]

Comment

"but certaily due to WD alone"?

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I meant to say "certainly NOT due to WD alone"! Sorry for the important typo! (I have changed the original text).

Comment

Working...
          X