No announcement yet.

TechTV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am using the Hunter Douglas PowerRise Honeycomb shades, in fact, I have 10 throughout my house all of which are tied to Homeseer for control. I have found them to be extremely reliable and dependable (despite their price tag), and one set of batteries lasts me about a year with a daily once-up once-down cycle.

I do have a couple of venetian style blinds that I'd like to automate, although I'm not particularly fond of the external style retrofit options, such as those available from SmartHome. The beauty of the Hunter Douglas shades is the the entire motor mechanism, control, and IR electronics are built into a very sleek, low profile, aesthetically pleasing header.... extremely high WAF.

Comment

I will contact Techniku and see why they are not returning calls. You may need to go through some kind of reseller. I'll post info when I hear back from them.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I called and left a message with the eastern US sales representative. I wrote his name down but its at work. Greg

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

Comment

Try google searches for drapery controls. The Add-a-motor units came up and they aren't too expensive:

http://www.hometech.com/drape/addmotor.html

- Gordon

"God is gracious, God is fair. To some He gave brains, to others, hair." - anonymous

"Don't look under the hat."
          - Gordon, 2004
          |
          | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
          HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Whoops, I take that back - at $90 they ARE expensive.

- Gordon

"God is gracious, God is fair. To some He gave brains, to others, hair." - anonymous

- Gordon, 2004
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show

Comment

Compared to the $500 mentioned earlier that's a bargin.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

Comment

Yeah, it's all relative, I guess.

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
                |
                | - Gordon

Comment

Rupp,

Send an email to:

dhuber@technikuinc.com

He will make sure you get some answers.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC

Comment

Rick first hour i want all my blinds automated. second hour my wireing closit redone, third hour fix all my homeseer scripts and make them work like my wife wants them to. mmmmmm ok then you can have some tea. the wife will make it for you as she will be so happy about the wireing closit

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
                    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
                    - Bjarne Stroustrup

Comment

I took a United AirLines afternoon flight out of Los Angeles back to Boston on Wednesday of this week. After the movie, I looked up at the news features to find CES and HomeSeer on the overhead screens. The clip highlighted the ZWave technology, showed the interview and demo'd the items. You guys are famous now at 38,000 feet!

Comment

Working...
                      X