Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Display & Illegal operation lockup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Display & Illegal operation lockup?

After a couple of days of running at the same time Homeseer is, Weather display causes an illegal operation and locks up the computer. Have to reset the computer to get it back. The error is: Page Fault in Kernel32.DLL at 0167:bff88396. Was wondering if anyone has seen this error or might know how to correct it. I am running an 850 MHZ Pentium III with 512 MEGS of RAM under Windows 98SE. Any help would be much appreciated !!!!!

Have you posted this over at the WD BB? Rick you definitely need to get off this win98 and move up to at least Win2K.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Had a weather.com script created a CPU at 95 % load (in effect a lock up on HS at least)

W2k - version .150 - CPU 95% ++ have been running without any changes for 6 months prior on this script.

is this similiar to yours:

1/21/2004 2:00:54 AM~!~X10 Received~!~C8 (Outside Front Walk Light) C Off
      1/21/2004 2:06:03 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (WeatherWarnings)
      1/21/2004 2:08:28 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: Weather Warnings.txt: -2147467259:The script was aborted because execution exceeded the specified timeout period. in line 341
      1/21/2004 2:08:28 AM~!~Info~!~Scripts running: custom_cnn_16.txt
      1/21/2004 2:08:28 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: custom_cnn_16.txt: -2147467259:The script was aborted because execution exceeded the specified timeout period. in line 68
      1/21/2004 2:21:36 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (System Uptime)
      1/21/2004 2:22:42 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (WeatherWarnings)
      1/21/2004 2:23:52 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: Weather Warnings.txt: -2147467259:The script was aborted because execution exceeded the specified timeout period. in line 341
      1/21/2004 2:37:56 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (WeatherWarnings)
      1/21/2004 2:39:03 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: Weather Warnings.txt: -2147467259:The script was aborted because execution exceeded the specified timeout period. in line 341
      1/21/2004 2:51:10 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (WeatherWarnings)
      1/21/2004 2:53:07 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: Weather Warnings.txt: -2147467259:The script was aborted because execution exceeded the specified timeout period. in line 341
      1/21/2004 2:53:07 AM~!~Info~!~Scripts running: custom_cnn_16.txt

At this point dead HS response.
      The end of Homeseer requiring a halt and restart.

Let me know if this is same / similiar ?

At version .150 to to multiple devices in events not being sent or updated.

Richard
      HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I second Rupp's motion - move away from 98SE. I had similar and continued problems with 98SE. I had lots of lockups, memory problems, I couldn't run 5 days without a significant problem. Once I made the move to XP my reliability went way up. It's really worth it. I am running HS and WD - and just ran 26 days without a hiccup.

Take the plunge....it's well worth it.

Comment

Ricks problem is not with HS but with another executable named Weather Display. Your problem is with a script within HS. More than likely your internet connection was down and the script couldn't access Weather.com.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have contacted Brian at Weather Display several times, and he has mentioned a couple of things that I have tried. I think Weather Display requires huge amounts of memory which I have in my setup, but unfortunately Windows 98 doesn't handle alot of memory well it seems. I will be updating to windows 2000 soon, but would like to determine what the issue actually is? Any ideas on how to correct this issue besides switching operating systems would be much appreciated and thanks everyone for your inputs as usual. This board is great !!!!!!

Comment

People have had good experience with Maxmen from Analogx. Here's a link. I used it when I was trying to solve my memory problems on 98SE and had reasonable success - although I ultimately made the jump to XP and dropped the need for Maxmem.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system.htm

Comment

Working...
              X