CM11A Problems and Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM11A Problems and Replacement

(1) On occasions, my computer does not seem to want to communicate with the CM11A. When I do the "Test Communications" function, the test fails. Then, a few days later, everything is fine again. Any suggestions?

(2) I understand Smarthome is coming out with (within a few weeks) a CM11A replacement with USB connectivity, and a more memory and programming features than the CM11A. S.H.'s current USB product does not have any built in memory. Has anyone seen or demo'ed this new product?

Most of us on this BB do not use the memory functions on the CM11A. That eliminates the need for HomeSeers more powerful functions.

A good replacement for the CM11A is either the TI103 or PowerLinc if your going to leave the PC always on.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Would the USB device give us more speed or is the bottleneck the X10 protocol anyway..

AB

------------------------------------------------------------
      A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
      Sir Winston Churchill
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had the same problem with those type interfaces for a number of years. Do yourself a favor and get the USB interface. I think mine if the Switchlinc from homeautomation.com. That is the reason I have homeseer and it transformed the way my lights were controlled. Now I need to expand into the security, video survielence, and such.

Hope that helps. At the time I purchaces Homeseer, the switchlinc was recommended with the purchase of homeseer at homeautomation.com

Bob E.

Comment

Working...
        X