No announcement yet.

Trash can detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would look really classy is to simply write your name with spray paint.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Have you looked at how long my name is? I don't think it would pass the Homeowner Association rules! ;-)

- Gordon

Did they really change the Star Trek motto under Jean-Luc Picard's command to, "To Baldly Go Where No Man's Hair's Gone Before!" ???

"Don't look under the hat."
      - Gordon, 2004
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Is that Gordon Cunningham's garbage can or Green County Golf Course.

-Rupp

Comment

That is funny.

RUPP Is that your name?

------------------------------------------------------------
          A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
          Sir Winston Churchill
          ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Gordon,

Just drill a small hole through one corner of the lid, hook a 3 ft. string through it, and tie the other end to the handle on the can. No more disappearing lid. I thought that the string would break immediately, but it usually lasts around 3-4 years. By the time it finally breaks, the can is about shot anyway.

OF course if you were a TRUE automation enthusiast, you would find some way of hooking a transmitter up to the lid so the HA system could locate it for you.

My system is described in my profile.
            My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Andrew

It's my middle name Gregory "Rupp" Hughes. Named after Adolf Rupp the Kentucky Basketball coach of years gone by.

-Rupp

Comment

Always wondered but never asked... And now we all know BEFORE the 10,000th post even!

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")
                HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Using IR beams to detect trash (rubbish bins / garbage bins)

I know this is a very old thread, but I have had very good success using very cheap IR beam detectors as bin sensors ($13 from eBay).

Connected to a WebControl interface and script that reminds me to put the bins out if it is still there the night before and again the morning of rubbish day.

Marty
                  iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
                  X