SignaLinc booster/repeater gone bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SignaLinc booster/repeater gone bad?

Anyone every see one of those new SignaLinc booster/repeaters go bad? I noticed my KeyPadlincs all out of sync and all their links flashing, my HS log was full of "2/16/2004 8:44:34 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ A All Lights On" lines...

I shut down my computer and disconnected my ACTI103 and then started disconnecting every transmitter I had... it was still happening... I finally disconnected the Booster/Repeater and the signals went away, if I plugged it back in they started up again.

I was able to start everything back up and and no problems no rogue signals, but if I plug the booster back in it starts up instantly.

I don't have any other transmitters but I want to make sure these could fail like this and I am not just missing something else...

Thanks,

Scott

- I want my sanity back, and a pony.

I guess it could go bad Let me know what you find out as I was looking at one of those the other day

AB

------------------------------------------------------------
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Sir Winston Churchill
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had a similar problem with my Leviton repeater. Take a look at this thread for some great advice from GenevaDude on how to track it down.

I did the breaker panel route and within a few minutes I found out it was a socket rocket causing the havoc.

Good luck.

Joe
      HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

TM751's are also noted to do this as well as the X10 flood lights.

-Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I checked and I have no other transmitters. My only TM751 is not connected.

I have a ELK signal meter and it shows nothing when the booster/repeater is disconnected.

I firmly believe it is the booster/repeater, unless of course a non-transmitting switch can actually transmit!?

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

I hope these are not like the TM751's that repeat codes when they go bad. But considering repeating codes is what they do, if one did go bad this sounds like a logical outcome.

-Rupp
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
              I hope these are not like the TM751's that repeat codes when they go bad. But considering repeating codes is what they do, if one did go bad this sounds like a logical outcome.

-Rupp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will see soon, another one is one it's way (Thanks Martin) The amusing thing was to watch all my Smartlinc switches blinking as the X-10 went nuts.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Scott,

Did you ever resolve this. I recently started having the same issue. My Leviton coupler/Repeater eventually starts blinking constantly, and I repeated random code coming into Homeseer.

06(?)06(?)06(?)06(?)06(?)...

Comment

It actaully just resolved itself... I removed the boosterlinc and plugged it back in the next day and everything was fine.

Comment

I recently have excatly the same problem. I spent countless hours to figure out what the problem, replaced acoupler/repeater, 4005X...... and still can't solved. I beleived I just found out the problem, thanks for Mark in SmartHome. I know my close neighbor are using X10 too. Receltly he just got a coupler/repeater, according to Mark this will create a loop. For instance, when I send a signal out, it reach to my coupler/repeater then to his coupler repeater then send it back to my coupler/repeater then this will becoming a loop. The soultion in my case is either one of us need to install http://www.smarthome.com/4850.HTML this will become a firewall in my house that prevent my X10 signal going out and in the mean time preventing his X10 signal coming in.

Comment

Working...
                    X