Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homseer, Cbus and Comfort

Hi Guys
    I currently have a Comfort Ultra alarm system, a C-bus network and an old copy of Homeseer.

Just debating whether to upgrade my homeseer. Not really had chance to use it much.
    However I am now starting to get serious and want to integrate all the above.

Currently I do not have the C-bus Comfort interface so want to know the best way to go.

Can I interface homeseer to C-bus and if so how and what do I need.

Or I have already tried the Comfort plugin for homeseer, so would a better option be to use a Comfort/Cbus interface then in affect use Homeseer to look through comfort at my c-bus network.

I would want Homeseer to be able to control my alarm system and c-bus network.

Thanks
    Mark

Well I dont have C-Bus (unfortunately) but do run homeseer + comfort + X10 Lights.

I personally do my best to ensure all the core automation (movement sensored/timed lights etc) is not reliant on a PC. My Homeseer PC is also my central file server and runs a few other things (webcams/webserver etc). I dont want "important" things to stop if we have a crash or something that isnt picked up by various checks- or I simply need to do some testing on that machine.

The ability to Log comforts actions & alarms etc is invaluable and probably the single biggest use for the plug-in for me - but its not critical if the server is off for a few hours (or days!).

So I would say if possible identify exactly what interaction you need and decide how important it is. If it simply must be there - and you have any doubts about the stability of your homeseer box (for whatever reason, be that HS, Other S/W or Hardware) - try to engineer the connection so it doesnt need the PC.

Of course I do realise that many people rely on a homeseer PC for all thier core automation and do so without problems. I just dont have the luxury of a 100% dedicated & stable box.

Comment

Hi Davros,
      I am also looking to integrate all three I do have a CBUS Comfort interface & the latest version of Homeseer but have'nt a clue what I'm doing - Have you got any further.

Comment

CBUS + HomeSeer + Comfort

I have this chaps.

I have the Comfort CBUS Hardware module - so Comfort and CBUS talk natively to each other. I use Comfort logic to control cbus etc.

Then I have homeseer with the comfort plugin, This automatically means you get all the cbus data pumped to homeseer.

G.

Comment

Working...
        X