Bluetooth technology with homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth technology with homeseer

What do you need to use homeseer on a palm device with bluetooth?

You can use HomeSeer Web front end and then use Bluetooth to connect to the internet.

Is this what you mean?

Comment

Do I just need a Bluetooth Adapter on my pc and a bluetooth enabled palm device to access homeseer web in my house?

Comment

Yes, or at least a bluetooth enabled cell phone with CDMA or GPRS to connect back into your home system. There currently is no bluetooth direct way of controlling homeseer, so you are best to start out trying to get your palm device to talk to any web site first. That means having a bluetooth adapert or built in bluetooth on a network capable device to talk to first (such as a PC or cell phone). Depending on which Palm device, you may or may not also have to install a capable web browers also.

One of my devices, a T3, connects to my PC (which just also happens to be the HS machine), and then uses the network stack of bluetooth to connect to the Homeseer "TouchPad" in "PocketSeer" mode. Quite nice. I also have Clie with a WiFi card that I do a similar thing with.

---
        Bryan Nystrom
        Natara Software, Inc.

Comment

I have a Bluetooth wireless access point connected to my home LAN. This has a range of about 30-50', and allows my Palm T3 to browse the web, and can access the web interface to Homeseer running on my pc.

Comment

Working...
          X