best way to use usb uirt to receive IR commands and execute x10 commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to use usb uirt to receive IR commands and execute x10 commands

I am looking for a way to script/plugin to take my usb uirt ir input and execute the x10 equivalent.

The only way I have it working now is, when it receives X IR an event is executed to see if light is on and if so turn light a off. I also have a event to do the same thing.

I am looking for something more advanced where It can recieve multiple IR commands and execute the x10 equivalent. like if it received ir command 1, Dimm -, it will dimm device 1.

does any of this make sense?

Someone suggested using girder. But girder is event driven on single ir commands too.

The best way would be to use this plugin:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...185#4656094185

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think I understand what you are wanting but am not sure how to pull it off.

It isn't a native function of the plug-in or HS I don't think. Both want to trigger the event/script after a single IR command is received.

what you need it a script that triggers on the first IR receive, process some code, then waits for a few seconds for the next IR trigger to complete the code operations based on its value...

I think it would be a snap if you wanted to look at the last X10 signal sent, but I don't know about IR. Maybe someone with more experience with IR and HS/Girder can chime in

Sgt-Baker

Comment

what you need it a script that triggers on the first IR receive, process some code, then waits for a few seconds for the next IR trigger to complete the code operations based on its value...

yes that is exactly what I need. I don't see an option to trigger an event/script on Any ir received though.

Comment

Working...
        X