• Show
Clear All

Good deal on TV/Video board

Price of unit is $39. See it here.

GenevaDude

http://genevadude.com http://GoldenBuffet.biz

??

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Leadtek..Seemed a little less generic and nicer remote. But 25% more (free shipping though).

Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 XP XPERT

Hope I did ok, I know nothing about these.

GLT

Comment

The winnov AV PCI card below is a good deal for $30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33871
        Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I've been doing alot of research on TV cards lately and it seems like unless you have a box dedicated to encoding and decoding the video signal, you have to go with a card that has hardware encoding/ decoding on it to relieve your cpu of the task.
          I have a Hauppauge WinTV 350 and am still having a hard time finding software that utilizes both encoding and decoding on the card. I've tried Snapstream and SageTV and both have their quirks.

Hey. What happened to my cool image under my name?!

Comment

The Hauppauge Capture plugin in being enhanced to support hardware encoding cards. I just purchased a PVR-250(MCE) to peform development and testing with. I am very happy with the picture quality and low CPU load to perform MPEG captures (about 20% on a dual PIII 868Mhz)
            Bryan
            (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Automated outlet has multi port cards for a pretty decent price: http://www.automatedoutlet.com/customer/home.php?cat=24

If you look at the price per input, they're cheaper than the options mentioned earlier, and only take 1 PCI slot for 4 to 16 cams.
              John
              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Be careful with the Grandtec Capture cards. I have the 9-port version. The main problem is that you can NOT use their software if you have any other video capture device installed on your PC. I've got an ATI All-in-Wonder video card, so that killed it right off the bat.
                You can install the generic brooktree driver (card has a conexant built bt878 capture chip), but the driver doesn't switch the card's mux, so I can only use 3 of the 9 inputs (probably 4 if I want to solder wires to the 4th board input).

Comment

One thing about the winnov PCI capture cards is on NT/2K/XP machines, you can apparently put as many cards in a machine as you have available PCI slots. I think a DIY type could also make a TV tuner for the card from a tuner module out of an old VCR. The card has an I2C connector on the MXC video in connector for controlling a TV tuner which was origionally an optional gizmo.
                  Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

So who makes the best card - based on ease of use, decent picture and sound (that stays in sync event after "pausing live tv") and price ?

I need a PCI TV tuner card to put into my Kiosk touchscreen thats due later this week.
                    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Cirillo:
                      Be careful with the Grandtec Capture cards. I have the 9-port version. The main problem is that you can NOT use their software if you have any other video capture device installed on your PC. I've got an ATI All-in-Wonder video card, so that killed it right off the bat.
                      You can install the http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ (card has a conexant built bt878 capture chip), but the driver doesn't switch the card's mux, so I can only use 3 of the 9 inputs (probably 4 if I want to solder wires to the 4th board input). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An update for anyone who has the Grandtec 9 or 16 port card - the latest revision of the btwincap driver now supports the Grandtec 16 port board, and by default also the 9-port. I can now preview all 9 ports using the webcam plugin, but have the same problem as Dyeend in this post when trying to capture.

Comment

Working...
                      X