No announcement yet.

Holiday Lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.... I still don't see how you can source that much power when the specs for an AM466 is only rated at 15 amps, 1/3 hp, 500 watts.

I'd like to play it safe...
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by RAM
      A few years ago I tried an appliance module inside ziplock bag (just pushing the module prongs right through the bag). I found if I tried to seal it up tight an little moisture always got trapped inside and corroded things. Now I still use the bag, but more as just a rain shield and leave the bottom open. It keeps it dry and no moisture buildup problem. I have at least a couple of years on the one that controls my low voltage lights on and around my deck.
      Tape or zip-tie the module to a stick, stick the stick into the ground. Put a ziploc over it and a rubber band around the bottom of the bag where the wires come out. Provides enough air to keep things from condensing and the bag protects it from rain & snow. I have been doing it this way for the last 4 years without a single module failing.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        Appliance modules are definitely better.
        I read a while back about someone using several sets of different color lights each on its own controller in some bushes and having them dim and brighten according to a schedule to fade colors.

Doug

Comment

I read a while back about someone using several sets of different color lights each on its own controller in some bushes and having them dim and brighten according to a schedule to fade colors.
          I'm one of the people doing this. The original script came from this forum, but it probably got lost 2-3 board changes ago. I'm on a schedule at the moment, but I'll try to post the script later today.
          My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Okay, here is the script. It cycles through 4 different colors, on a trigger every 3 minutes. I'm not the original author. This is just my version.
            Attached Files

Comment

Bags work!

Originally posted by wpiman
              I have heard of people taking regular X10 modules and putting them in Ziplock bags- letting the prongs push thru-- then taking the wire to be plugged in and putting that in the bag and sealing it as much as possible- or wrapping a rubber band around it.

Maybe not the most asthetic solution but I have a cover on my ourdoor outlet- so this isn't noticable for me.
              This works! I have been using the same Stanley Modules each Christmas for 12 years. 6 modules plugged into 3 HD 3-outlet extention cords (modules are too big to put 3 on one extention) Each extention end with X10 modules is put inside a baggie with all the wires gathered and coming out the open end of the bag. I use a quick-tie to tighten it up then hang the bundle with bottom of the baggie facing up. It never gathers water, stays nice and dry and has never caused a EFI breaker to flip. It must not be too hard on the modules either. 3 are originals since 1993 and I have them out there now. Granted, we don't get the harsh cold some of you guys do, but we do get a LOT of rain and the occasional ice storm....

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert
                Okay, here is the script. It cycles through 4 different colors, on a trigger every 3 minutes. I'm not the original author. This is just my version.

Thanks!

Comment

Hah!
                  I lost my HS setup/scripts/events/etc. in a HD crash back around 2012, and didn't rebuild the system at the time. I just recently started playing with HS again and was planning on writing a Christmas light color change script from scratch. While cleaning up ~130 thread subscriptions in this forum (most from back in 2005), what shows up but the script I need, IN MY OWN POST from 14 years ago! Maybe all the times I helped little old ladies across the street DID result in some good karma!

Comment

Working...
                  X