Show me your remotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show me your remotes

Have any of you guys built any remote devices(device type of remote) using graphics (graphics in place of the default buttons)? If so can you post a pic so the rest of us or at least I can see how they look?

[This message was edited by Rupp on Fri, 19 March 2004 at 07:27 AM.]
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,
    can you clarfy your question?

Comment

Rupp, I have a Pronto tsu 3000 that I am almost done programming. I made most of my custom icons in place of standard buttons. It's not too hard. I can send you the file if you like, but you need the pronto software to view it.

Comment

Rupp is talking about HomeSeer devices of the type InfraRed Remote.

I have built a few using the layout of the original remote as a guide for the buttons.

Here is a shot of my remote for a Dish Network 721.
        Attached Files
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes, Jeff is correct. I attempted to (although in a lame attempt) explain it as best I could. Jeff did you simply place all the shown images in a particular directory and reference them via the properties of the remote device? What program did you use to create the buttons?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I made a directory html/images/irbuttons where I put all my remote buttons. Then in the Infrared device setup I enter /images/irbuttons/buttonname.gif

I use Paint Shop Pro and my wife uses Fireworks. However, most of the buttons you are seeing are in the Americana directory for touchpad. I just copied them to my irbuttons directory.

Personally, I'm not very good at designing graphics but I know how to stretch, bend, mutilate an existing graphic. So for the ones that didn't exist already, I used the blank button provided in Touchpad and stretched it. Then I copied letters from the other buttons to the blank one. That way I ended up with matching letters.

You can also get some pretty cool looking buttons by adding this to your style sheet.

.irbutton
            {
            border-color: #7F7D82;
            border-top-width: medium;
            background-color: #0A0C09;
            color: #75CBFD;
            font-family: Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;
            font-size: 7pt;
            font-weight: 900;
            height: 19px;
            align: center;
            }
            .irbuttoncell
            {
            text-align: center;
            background-color: Silver;
            padding-left: 0px;
            padding-right: 0px;
            }
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
            X