Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurious ON signals

Hi folks,

Any idea why a MS13A motion sensor on A4 would turn on a light on D7. It doesn't do it all the time and it's been working perfectly until about a week ago. The batteries are fresh. I'm going through the MR26A.

Bad MS13A?

Thanks,

Vic

Vic,
    How do you know the A4 motion sensor is turning on a light on D7? Do you have a lot of motion sensors deployed? In the MR26A do you have these motion sensors "retransmitting to the powerline" if so it could be flooding the powerline with signals causing a "noise" problem which manifests itself as a D7on.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here is something I have seen with my MR26A. I have seen a lot of House Code all lights on commands in the logs and i am not executing them, so I disabled All Lights On commands in the MR26A config and it seems to be working so far.

Hope this helps

Thanks
      Bob
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Rupp,

I know the light is being turned on because I see it happen. A4 is in the family room. D7 is in an adjacent room. Sometimes when there is motion in the A4 room, the D7 light turns on. This happened a lot last week when there was no one in the house but my wife and me, and we were in the A4 room. The MR26A is set to retransmit but the only motion is in the A4 room so I doubt there is an X10 flood. The curious thing is that HS does not log the spurious signals - it logs the A4 motion but not the D7 light turning on.

Blade, I haven't seen any "All lights on" commands, but I haven't been looking for them. Thanks for the tip. I'll start combing the logs.

This is very weird. Thank goodness I have no heat generating equipment hooked up to X10 - my house would have burned down months ago.

Vic

Comment

Vic,
          This is a classic description of "noise on the powerline". This can be one of the hardest X10 problems to figure out. It can come in waves. Turning off a leg at a time from the circuit breaker is one way but with a noise problem this can take a long time. I would suggest changing the house and unit codes on either the motion sensor or the lamp and see if it solves the problem.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Vic,
            what kind of switch are you usind with the D7 code?
            What else are you runing around -(computers, fluorescent lights,...)?
            Any filters in system?
            Try to change the code.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
              Any idea why a MS13A motion sensor on A4 would turn on a light on D7. It doesn't do it all the time and it's been working perfectly until about a week ago. The batteries are fresh. I'm going through the MR26A.

Bad MS13A?
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it was a bad MS13A, your log would say something than X10 A4 signal received.

~Bill

Comment

I had a faulty motion sensor that would turn on two different house codes one about 10 seconds after the other eg if the motion sensor was set to d6 it would turn on d7 also.
                It was logging it though.
                my solutoin was to not use that code.
                Try not useing D7

Comment

Working...
                X