Uage of HomeSeer Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uage of HomeSeer Logo

When deigning a custom homeseer website are we allowed to put the homeseer logo on the page. What are and arnt we allowed to use?

Squintz,
    That's an excellent question. I have been using a HS logo on my site for years without ever thinking about asking. My thoughts were: I like the software so I'll advertise for them. This may or may not be a good thing. What if the site were being used for something really offensive and were showing the HS logo.

I wonder what Rich's take is on this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was going to use it on my custom control panle page. I actually like the logo and want to be able to freely destribute my code once i am finnished making my site. It wouldnt hurt to leave the logo out of my page but if someone whould ever find my code and file laying around somewhere else on the net it would be nice if they knew what the code was for.

Comment

I would imagine anything for your personal use, it wouldn't be an issue. If you are going to redistribute something, then it probably should not be included.

Obviously HST will have the final word though.

Comment

Is the HS logo available in high res anyplace? I would like to use it as wallpaper on my HS server.

Comment

Yes, for personal use we have no problem with your using our logo materials.

If there is something specific that you would like a high resolution image of, send me an email and perhaps enclose an example and I will root around and see if we have a high-res version.
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I had never given using the logo a thought, bu of course there are copyright issues.

I think Rick has put minds to est over that one when for personel use.

I like the idea of using it for the wallpaper on my HS machine. Rich if you find a Hi-Res pic of the logo how about posting it in one of the forums?

Gogs.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hi Tink,

I presume since you never replied that you could not find hi-res gifs of the logo?

Gogs.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Rick,

I would be interested in this as well.

Thanks,

-Tom
                  -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                  Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Gogs,

Read up above and you will see that I asked for more information on which logo/image you were interested in.

There is the gear, the gear with the house in front, the house half in daylight-half in moonlight, etc.

Need something to work with!

Send me an email and I will reply with whatever images I happen to have or can lay my hands on. (For your personal use.)
                    Regards,

Comment

Thanks Tink,

e-mail is on it's way.

Gogs.
                      sigpic

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Tinker
                        Send me an email and I will reply with whatever images I happen to have or can lay my hands on. (For your personal use.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Rick, does that mean that HST is not interested in publicly posting an image appropriate for wallpaper? What do you use as a wallpaper on the pre-built servers you sell?

Comment

People who buy the pre-built servers buy them for HomeSeer, not the wallpaper! The rack mount servers are headless anyway, so screensavers and wallpapers are unnecessary.

Many people do not realize it, but it takes memory for Windows to have a wallpaper on the background. It is a much more dramatic effect on Windows 9X than it is on the newer operating systems, but ever since I learned that I have gone with a blank background on my computers.

We have a background on the web pages that HomeSeer serves.
                          Regards,

Comment

I use the HS logo as my background because I have three machines connected to the same monitor and keyboard and it's handy to be able to see at a glance which machine I'm working on.

Comment

Working...
                            X