multiple housecodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple housecodes

Is there something i'm doing wrong or is there a device i need to get to get homeseer to talk to housecode a and b, I can only talk to one at a time

Multiple housecodes with homeseer is not a problem. I'd venture to guess that almost everyone on this board has devices on more than one housecode.

I think we need a bit more information about the problem you're having, however. What X10 interface are you using? What exactly happens or does not happen when you have devices on more than one housecode?

Brett

Comment

I'm fairly new to this but I have all lights and appliances in my townhouse on x10. I have three bedrooms upstairs on housecode a,b,c. Downstairs where i have homseer connected to a a CM-11A is on housecode d. Prior to expanding and only using one housecode (d). I was able to use homeseer to talk to upstairs. Now I can only talk to housecode d using homeseer. I am still able to use my pronto w/ ir-543 to talk to all devices.

Comment

You're CM11A is not on any housecode. I would suspect that you need a phase coupler. In doing your expansion, you probably are now connecting devices that are on the other phase in you house.

The electricity comes into your house at 220 volts. At your breaker box it is split into two legs/phases. Some of your electric circuits will be on one leg and some on the other. You need a bridge to connect the two sides.

You can find both plug-in and hard wired versions here - http://automatedoutlet.com/customer/home.php?cat=42. You can also choose between units that also boost the signal (recommended).

Thanks,
        Martin Custer

Comment

I haven't bridged anything yet. I did not think that was needed cause I can talk to any devices in any location when they are all on the same house code

Comment

OK then, you're saying that it works if they are on the same housecode but not if they are different? If so, you are right that it's probably not a phase issue.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the CM11A might be bad.

Let me think about this one a little....
            Martin Custer

Comment

I have had a similar problem in the past with homeseer not piking up X10 signals.
              I found that moving the recievers/modules to a diferent socket solved the problem.
              I am no expert but I still have a couple of sockets in the house were It doesn't pick up the signal even though there are on the same loop.
              Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X