Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these messages in the HS Log

Hi,

I am just wondering what these messages are in the HS log. I am running 1.6.200.

Here are the messages I am seeing:

3/26/2004 7:52:16 PM~!~Info~!~ Got data but was not PUT or GET, from: 67.71.105.200 Data:
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I've heard someone 'splain that they could be probes from some type of intrusion attempt.

Snedecor

Comment

Bob,
      These happens by the hundreds here so I finally turned off web logging in HS.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, someone us probably probing your system for a server. Change the port HS is running on and it will probably stop.

-Rich

Comment

I changed my port to something else and they seem to have stopped. Thanks!
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I get the same message:-
            ~!~Info~!~ Got data but was not PUT or GET, from: 192.168.253.100 Data: OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1

But the IP address is my own PC and all I can remember looking at is the event log

Ideas anyone?

Kevin

Comment

Bob,
              I hate to mention it but would you consider moving your system information to your profile. If every thread had that much information tagged on the end it makes reading a simple thread arduous.

Comment

I agree Rupp - keep it short & sweet.
                Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

The "Options" in that GET message are from an XP machine I believe. I see those also. A quick web search should find out what its looking for.

-Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X