What determines DARK to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What determines DARK to HS

I assume it uses sunrise and sunset but I am having a little problem adding brightness to the Hauppage captures. It works but too early and the picture is washed out. The function adds brightness at DARK. Is there some way to adjust to +/- minutes?

After sunset and before sunrise with the times computed by HomeSeer based on your lat and long.

~Bill

Comment

So DARK is AT SUNSET until SUNRISE? No +/- values.

Reason is that since it is still light after sunset for 20-40 minutes I need to delay the additional brightness when doing captures.

I don't think the plugin has that option at present. Guess I will suggest an option to be able to make up to a 60 minute adjustment.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Don,
        In an event you can add +/- offsets.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not an event. Hauppage Capture based on motion detection.

Comment

Perhaps we should restart this thread under the Hauppage Capture Forum. for better results.

~Bill

Comment

use a HomeSeer event that uses a condition of a dusk/dawn sensor indicating darkness for some number of elapsed minuted. Also use sunrise/sunset to reduce false triggers from dusk/dawn sensor during heavy clouds.
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

The reason I posted here is that LIGHT/DARK is a HS function. The plugin just uses it.

Might be easier to put the adjustment into HS so it would work similar to security. It should be a fixed amount rather than a random as is security.

Still might need a similar function in the plugin to be more selective by camera for fine tuning.

Still it could be useful by almost any event, plugin or script.

Comment

What are you going to do about cloudy days?
                  I use a light sensing bobcat on my Ocelot. It runs from 0 (dark to 255 (very bright sunlight).

Comment

Not alot you can do about mother nature changing the LIGHT/DARK rules. The Bobcat can tell you the amount of light but you are still limited by the sensitivity for the cameras to get any useable pictures. About the only answer is to have auto iris on the cameras. That will help but not eliminate the problem. They usually add quite a bit more to the costs. Right now I pay about $90 for JVC color cameras with 470 line resolution and 3 lux sensitivity with lens. Another $20 for the auto iris. JVC B/W 380 lines with .5 lux are about $20 cheaper.

Another option would be to have IR flood lights but that would only work for B/W cameras. Very few color cameras will work with just IR and they are pretty expensive.

I normally turn the captures off after dark anyway since all you will see are just the lights that are on but no detail. I'm just trying to possibly gain another 30-40 minutes on both ends of DARK. Not mandatory but would extend the window a little.

Comment

Working...
                    X