Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm no longer getting message board emails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no longer getting message board emails!

I'm a long time lurker.
    Reading the message board emails WAS my favorite way to start a long day at work. Now...NADA, I guess it's the new board but I feel very left behind. If I'm doing somthing wrong let me know.

I think it was just a ploy to get you to post your 2nd message

Comment

Mine is working fine but I don't get the daily digest everyday now. It's now every other day instead.

Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

Simon

Comment

Wow, home-towners!
        So I guess uou guys hate UPS customs charges too!

Comment

Ok,
          Did I wake up in Canada?

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Whats this aboot awakening in Canada eh ? Like did we take off to the Great White North?

Great to have ya posting at least
            Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Oh yeah, UPS customs charge. What a robbery that is

I'm now using USPS whenever necessary to avoid brokerage fee. Canada Posts charges flat rate $5 for brokerage.

I'm from Burlington which is about 45 mins from GTA.

Simon

Comment

haha - you guys are a riot! We Canadians are a quiet but healthy group here on HS. Considering that we have to pay a 30% premium on our $ conversion PLUS the brokerage and customs fees we do pretty well to keep up.

I'm surprised you didn't mention toques and our hockey puck trees!

Nice to see the Canadian contingent continuing to grow!

Comment

45 minutes? Even with my signal bridge and new Boosterlinc I think your X10 signals are safe from me. I've resorted to having my stuff sent to a friend in the US who forwards them to me

Comment

I guess I don't have to worry about X10 interfernce from you either

How do you like the Boosterlinc so far? I bought one from Automated Outlet and it's working great for me. I'll have my house re-wire and I'm considering adding coupler/repeater.

Simon

Comment

of course we should be talking in kilometres on this thread...that would confuse them all!

Comment

Few years back, I bought most of my X10 stuff directly from X10 Canada. They're located in Mississauga I believe close to Dixie Road. If you actually go straight there, you can get pretty good deals. I don't know if they are still there as the last time I went was like 3 years ago.

Simon

Comment

I have ordered stuff from X10 and it comes from a location in Mississauga. Can you actually go there? Do they have a storefront?

Comment

I believe it's open to the public and the store front is very small. I wasn't expecting to buy directly but I was ordering through the phone and somehow I got to the sales guy and he stayed late that night so he asked me to drop by.

This was way back when you went to www.x10.ca, you didn't actually get re-directed to gridpoint. Don't have the phone number otherwise, you can call them up.

If I ever find the receipts, I'll let you know the exact address with phone number.

Simon

Comment

Ok, you caught me in a lie, my boosterlinc is sitting in my main hall in a cardboard box marked with the SMARTHOME logo on the side . It's a gift from my wife (I have a great wife!)for my birthday so I can't open it till next weekend. (I think I'm also getting the W800...shhhh!) The coupler is "almost" great and I hope the Boosterlinc is the final piece of the X10 puzzle. I currently have two rooms with intermitant plc signals. I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X