Brightspeech Voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brightspeech Voices

Sorry.. was my mistake.. the voice only works with textaloud http://www.nextup.com/acapela.html

I was excited

Awesome find Trojan !!
    Can it be as simple as this. Just get the voice for 25 bucks, install on same box as speaker app, then my girl Heather is back?

Comment

A whoopin' is now in order

Comment

I couldnt delete the post.. I saw it, tried the demo and posted without reading.. I have EMAILED them to see wtf is going on and Y we cant just use it.

May even get some mates to look at the code and see if it just checks for TextAloud and hack it.. Ooops. I didnt say that

Comment

Keep up posted Trojan !

Comment

These will work with any sapi5 program, BUT TextAloud or another of our Aloud products must be running, even if it is just sitting in the system tray, do to some required licensing tasks before other programs can use the voices.

Comment

The reply from NextUp

Terry, it will work within any SAPI5 program, but TextAloud must be running.
              So, you'd have to at least have TextAloud running in the system tray. This
              will do some required licensing things, which would then let the voice show
              up to other SAPI5 apps.

TrOjAn

Comment

OK.. if yuo would like to see Heather available then you could drop kdwhite@nextup.com a mail and explain you would like to BUY Heather but are not able to tie up more resources on TextAloud running as you dont need it.

If enough of us mail him you never know... go on.. it dont cost you anything..

Mail mail mail mail

Comment

Email fired off!

Code:

[font=Arial][size=2]Would love to purchase the heather voice for HomeSeer.  But unfortunately as this is a money eating hobby for most of us.  I couldn't justify purchasing both the textaloud and the heather voice.  Any chance the MANY homeseer userv might be able to just get the voice.  I'm quite sure if I was to make an announcement on the homeseer forum that Heather was avail for 25 dollars, you would be literally FLOODED with purchase requests.[/size][/font]
                  [font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font] 
                  [font=Arial][size=2]Thanks in advance,[/size][/font]
                  [font=Arial][size=2]Bill Nicely[/size][/font]
                  [font=Arial][size=2][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]

Comment

I don't see how begging is going to change a licensing agreement they have with Brightspeech.

Comment

Humm. Guess you already bought the bundle then ski?

Comment

Not. I'd happily buy the bundle if you could use the Brightspeech voices without running Text Aloud concurrently.

Comment

Ski, I dont think explaining that we only want the Heather voice could be concieved as "begging"

I also dont think they have an agreement I think they now own the voices which is why they are running a beta trial for certain people.

Hopefully they may see a market for just the voice as opposed to making people buy additional software they will never use.

Comment

That would be great!

Comment

Bah, got a reply back.. licensing, I hate it when he, ^^^^^ is right <eats humble pie>

Comment

Working...
                              X