Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Rick,

Thanks much for the reply. I would be very happy to be able to just set temperature for the different zones, which is all I use my TX15B's (X-10) for now (through HomeSeer). I have not heard of anyone successfully doing that.

What language are these written in? I'm a software developer by trade, so would be happy to pitch in to get support going for the ZC6R. I would put a regular 6 zone controller in instead, but that would be more costly, and these HVAC companies seem to be VERY tight lipped about products and where to find them.

Thanks,
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Ken,

This came up in my discussions with the author of the RCS SERIAL thermostat plug-in. I want the plug-in to come out supporting the standalone serial thermostats, then the TR40 (display features), and then I will discuss the ZC6R. It will sort of depend on how much it will cost us to have support added and how much demand there is.

From what I can gather, there are some additional data points that the ZC6R provides, but using the one RS-232 interface provided by their 232/485 bridge (if you order the right one) you can communicate with the individual zones as if they were separate thermostats. I could be wrong, but please check with Bruce at RCS and I am sure he will set you straight. As far as I know, the only thing we miss in not supporting the ZC6R directly are the additional settings/data points that it provides over what a standalone thermostat has.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic RCS ZC6R (6 zone HVAC) support?

RCS ZC6R (6 zone HVAC) support?

I'm currently running Homeseer with 2 TX15B thermostats, and am very happy with it. Unfortunately, my system doesn't have enough zones, so I'm considering replacing my 4 zone controller with the RCS 6 zone.

Since I won't be able to use the TX15B's anymore (but the displays should work), I would need a way to control the ZC6R from Homeseer. Has anyone done this yet?

Thanks,
    Ken
Working...
X