Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird. Receiving all lights off commands, but I am not doing it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird. Receiving all lights off commands, but I am not doing it!!

I am receiving all lights off commands for certain house codes, but I am not doing it and there is no one near me that has any X10 because I have asked. I live on an one acre lot and the next neighbour is quite far away from me.

Here is what I am seeing in the log:

3/31/2004 10:58:01 AM~!~X10 Received~!~ E All Lights Off
    3/31/2004 10:58:01 AM~!~Send X10 from ext interface~!~E All Lights Off dim: 0 extra: 0

This is completely random. It may be house code D tomorrow and maybe C the next day, but it does not happen everyday. It is spuratic.

I am using HS 1.6.194, Doomotion 1.2.94 and I am using an MR26A with the plugin. I have put a thread in the MR26A plugin section on the message board asking for a feature that will disallow receiving 'all lights off' commands for house codes, similar to what they have for 'all lights on' commands. This would be cool if they could add it to the MR26a plugin.

Can someone help.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Bob,
    It's more than likely noise on the power line. Added any new appliances lately?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

It has been happening for a while now. I am not sure what is causing it. I have disabled the 'All Lights On' commands in the MR26A plugin and that fixed the problem with lights on a certain house code coming on in the middle of the night for no reason.

I hope they add the same thing for the 'All Lights Off' commands to the MR26A plugin. This would help until I find out what is causing it.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
        Bob,
        It's more than likely noise on the power line. Added any new appliances lately? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe it's coming from the power line because if you look at the log it's retransmitting the all lights off after it receives it. Most likely it's coming through the MR26A and the plugin is set to retransmit for that housecode.

I think it's probably is noise of some sort, but I would guess RF noise rather than powerline noise. If you haven't already, I'd suggest disabling the MR26A plugin on the housecodes that you don't have wireless devices on. Also, if you're using an amplifier on the MR26A's antenna you might want to turn it down (if possible) or even temporarily disconnect it.

Comment

Working...
        X