4 channel card $ 0,99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 channel card $ 0,99

anyone have any experience with one of these ?

ebay: 4 channel card

seems like the poststamp cost's more

$22.00 to ship a 2 ounce card. That sounds like a deal to me!

I've also got some 'prime' land in Florida for sale if the people that bought this card are interested!

Comment

The shipping charge doesn't seem too outrageous to ship by air anywhere in the world (especially considering the card is only .99) but what the heck does the card do? The descriptions of the functions are clear as mud:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Powerful and reliable internal setting, omni-bearing and interlocked alarm function, capable of searching and replaying video materials according user defined time period.. The system has strong intelligence, making it possible to preset recording for many days and many time periods with careful detecting and prevention.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

????

Comment

The description is very vague - has all of the information that leads you to believe it is something that will work with the WebCam plug-in (works with Windows 98/2000/etc.) but it does not say for certain that it does not require any specialized software.

Anyway, if somebody bothers to ask the seller any questions, I would be interested to know if it appears to be something that will do the trick.

I don't like the switch or whatever it is that was blocked out from view by fuzzing up the picture at the top of the card backplane (where it screws into the PC chassis). Also, the pin connectors on the board tend to make me believe that it is the type of board that requires a daughter-board connection to your PCs video board, and many PCs today do not support that.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I can't comment on the card itself but they are making their money on the S&H. Thats common with ebay sellers. Also prolly won't get insurance on the item as it's only $1. And if the item is defective it's only $1 so not worth shipping back - getting the picture. By making the money off S&H they avoid alot of seller's hassles.
          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Little more info:
            Model ZT104

Looks like everyone is selling for that price. Looks like they will be around a while.

So who's gunna take one for the team and be the guinny pig?

Model 4 Channel Digital Video Recorder Card (DVR) Brand New With Box Starting From $0.99 For more information please contact me Main Functions and Features: · Full-automate mode, long-time digital recording. Combination of local and remote-end control, and remote-end multiple alarm function. Intelligent search and replay of video materials, reliable way of storing video materials, reliable way of storing video materials, real-time multi-picture division and alternate display, unlimited expansion through network. Powerful and reliable internal setting, omni-bearing and interlocked alarm function, capable of searching and replaying video materials according user defined time period.. The system has strong intelligence, making it possible to preset recording for many days and many time periods with careful detecting and prevention. Remote control and recording through transmission network (local network, internet, PSTN) Simple and visual operation interface, realizing 24-hour continuous operation, low cost of administration and maintenance. The system has strong expansion capability and functions will be more perfect along with free up-date of application software. Intelligent and dynamite frame monitoring compression,30G hard-disk space cabling storage of over 15 days 16 channel visual source continuous recording. Open and compatible system structure, completely compatible with traditional security monitoring systems, various cameras and other related security monitoring equipments. Efficient and reliable digital hard-disk video recording, clear picture reliable single-CPU system, smooth operation. Data Compressing Format: MPEG-4 Display Speed Resource : 25Frames Network Connection: PSTN ISDN ADSL Visual Signal Input : 4 Channel (BNC or RCA) PC Requirement : PIII 500 / 128M / 40G Signal Input/Output : PAL / NTSC Software Supports: Supports all Windows 98 / SE / ME / 2000 / XP Package includes: 4X BNC to RCA adapter Software & Manual FREE Software

~Bill

Comment

I see a single capture chip on the card, so you will need their software or driver to have the chip switch between the 4 video jacks. You will probably have the same issues as the other similar multi input cards being able to see input from more than one of the jacks.
              Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I've got one . . .

but haven't had time to play with it yet. It's still sitting in the box next to my PC. Don't know when I'll have time to play with it. Anyone want to try it out? I'll send it for shipping costs, you can try it out and if it works, pay me what I paid for it ($24.99). If it doesn't work, ship it back to me. Try before you buy... You'll only be out a few bucks for shipping it if it doesn't work out.

Dick
                Dick
                HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

This guy wasn't to happy with this seller

Negative Feedback(Mar-02-04 13:10): ripoff,check pico2000 in web search,software pirated,item dosn't work dont buy

For the software, Google "pico2000"

Ouuu... And check this out: http://www.novexcanada.com/pricelist.htm

Comment

Dick, I'll do it, send me an email to wrbrower@[no-spam]hotmail.com. I'll shoot it to you PayPal or however.

Bill

~Bill

Comment

I have two of the "real" Novex2000 cards with the software. They work great. What I like about them is that they have relay inputs for external triggering of recording. I have HS start recording the appropriate cameras based on motion detection, driveway arrival, etc.
                      The connectors at the top of the card in this picture are where the external relay harness connects. However, these are apparently the pirated cards mentioned on the Novex web site so I would be leery of them. Even if you get a copy of the software, I'm not sure it would work because it has to find a valid security chip on the card (that's the chip in the upper right corner of the card). Maybe they cloned the security chip also so it might work, but I would be skeptical.

Zoomcat, the software doesn't switch between the four inputs - it simultaneously displays (or records) all four. In fact, if you use 2, 3 or 4 of these cards the software will simultaneously display and/or record all inputs (up to 16). I have two cards (8 cameras) and can view all 8 cameras simultaneously - and the image is almost "real time" (I'm not sure that's the right term but it looks normal, not jerky like it would at a low frame per second rate).

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Caveat Emptor! Let the Buyer Beware! Two of our first generation (OEM) NOVEX2000 versions were illegally copied, back in year 2000, and are currently being distributed in Europe and Latin America. Please be a smart consumer and/or reseller and exercise your right and act on it. Information is the best defense against purchasing illegal and/or defective products or falling victim to fraudulent practices. Learn the facts. Ask questions. Be aware of current scam operations. Blow the whistle if you think you are on the receiving end of a bad deal. If it sounds too good to be true, then it most probably is. The illegal software copies are not commercial grade product and can easily be recognized by:

unrealistically low market price ( usually less than 100 USD)
                        sales through internet auctions sites (we do not sell on-line)
                        Installation of drivers problems for Windows 2000 and Win XP
                        DSR (Server) application version lower than 1.901 (illegal copies are ver 1.8 or 1.7 or lower) Pico2000 illegal copy
                        lack of NOVEX name in the "SYSTEM INFORMATION" box under "UTILITY" option
                        poor quality and stability of the product (note that the hardware is not an exact copy and the software has been tampered with)
                        cracking code for compression codecs and service pack for English language compatability
                        improper installation procedure, lacking the NOVEX name and drivers
                        support of only Remote Module software and NOT of Remote Station software Pico 2000 ver 1.8 and 1.7 series are illegal - pirate copies and sold online through ebay
                        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.novexcanada.com/pricelist.htm
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you open up any other video application such as a webcam applicatin, vidcap32.exe, netmeeting, etc., does the card show up as 8 capture devices, or as only one capture device? If the frame rate slows down as more videos are open, then switching may be involved. If switching is invloved, then the card has to recync with the video each time it switches. The minimum amount of time is 1/30th of a sec, as the sync signal is only once per frame. I think the below cams may be run through the switching setup that ivista sells.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/multicam.htm
                          Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Zoomcat, I don't know the answer to that question. It's a dedicated PC for security camera recording. I don't have any of those other programs installed on it.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I can't comment on the card itself but they are making their money on the S&H. Thats common with ebay sellers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too true . . . ebay charges a percentage fee for item cost excluding the Postage . . therefore a low item price and high shipping is deliberate fee avoidance . . something which eBay strongly dislike (against their T&Cs). When things are too good to the true . .. they often are, thats my motto!

Comment

Working...
                              X