Smarthome USB PowerLink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smarthome USB PowerLink

It seems my Smarthome USB Powerlink 1132U has died and I can't control anything via X10 from Homeseer.

Looking on the Smarthome site, this doesn't seem to be available anymore. They only have the serial version or a fancier USB version with memory, etc which I don't need and which is much more expensive.

Can anyone recommend a replacement that is cheaper but works the same?
    Thanx

check at www.automatedoutlet.com

They may have something that will work for you.
    Neil
    Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7
      It seems my Smarthome USB Powerlink 1132U has died and I can't control anything via X10 from Homeseer.

Looking on the Smarthome site, this doesn't seem to be available anymore. They only have the serial version or a fancier USB version with memory, etc which I don't need and which is much more expensive.

Can anyone recommend a replacement that is cheaper but works the same?
      Thanx
      Before ordering a new one try unplugging it for about a half an hour. This will reset the unit if it is locked up.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I unplugged it-but only for a minute or so and it didn't work. Now this morning it works fine-and it wasn't unplugged again. Problems that go away by themselves make me nervous.

Thanx for the help.

Comment

flakey - that's X10!

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7
            I unplugged it-but only for a minute or so and it didn't work. Now this morning it works fine-and it wasn't unplugged again. Problems that go away by themselves make me nervous.

Thanx for the help.
            I've read where these can lockup from time to time although I have never experienced this in 2 years.

Comment

I would tend to think it's more of a phase coupling issue as this has happened to me.
              Do you have a phase coupler installed?
              If not, when this happens again, see if ALL you devices are uncontrollable.
              If some are working and some are not, try turning on your dryer, for example, as this will couple the phases.

Comment

Just a warning. The dryer and or oven test sometimes works and many times doesn't work. I was having all kings of problems and tried to turn on the dryer and oven and nothing improved. I bought the C/R and haven't had a single problem since.

Comment

The dryer/oven test only indicates anything when it improves your X10 reception:

If turning on the dryer or oven improves the X10 on the opposite phase, then you can benefit from a coupler/repeater.

If turning on the dryer or oven does not improve the X10 on the opposite phase, it means nothing. You might still benefit from a coupler/repeater.

Comment

Working...
                  X