X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Forward...

Hi,

What is the best way to setup the following:

I have an x10 receive function setup for leaving the house. It turns off the lights etc activates the security system... I also want to add call forwarding...i.e dial the call forwarding number for my phone comapny and forward all of my home calls to my cell phone.

Also, if anyone out there will give some ideas about what modem to get TAPI and SAPI is confusing me.

Want to be able to use it with homeseer and be able to send receive faxes etc. etc.

regards,

Originally posted by noshali
    Hi,

What is the best way to setup the following:

I have an x10 receive function setup for leaving the house. It turns off the lights etc activates the security system... I also want to add call forwarding...i.e dial the call forwarding number for my phone comapny and forward all of my home calls to my cell phone.

Also, if anyone out there will give some ideas about what modem to get TAPI and SAPI is confusing me.

Want to be able to use it with homeseer and be able to send receive faxes etc. etc.

regards,
    Also, I have a webiste where I can type in the number to forward the number to....it does need a login and password.

Is there a way to go to a webiste type a username and password and go to a page that will type the phone number to forward to.

regards,

Comment

noshali,

If you want higher reliability with phone functionality, then you'd really need to get either the HS modem, or the Way2Call Hi-phone. Other modems may work, but I've read mixed success. I used a W2C Hi-phone, myself.

If you're not interested in voicemail functions, you can, apparently, use any of a number of modems, and use a script to send text string commands to it, such as "ATDT5551212" to dial a set of digits.

As for your web site question, check the MB and you'll find a reference to password protected web pages. My recollection is that IE has been changed so that you cannot send user ID/PW info on the command line any longer, as it's a security concern. I believe you can override this by changing a registry entry, or something along those lines.

Best wishes,

--David

Comment

Working...
      X