Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevech
    replied
    yes - my high CPU usage is likely due to the overhead of USB interrupts and perhaps a poorly written USB driver for the Dazzle 80.

Maybe there's a better USB device + driver.

Trouble with a lot of this China PC junk is that the driver and UI software was written to be the minimum necessary to ship a product. And tested for "case 1" only.

Leave a comment:

• zoomkat
    replied
    I think the cpu useage problems are specific to the persons setup. I've got 4 instances of webcam32 running, three using the 3 cams connected to my winnov capture card, and the fourth instance using an Intel USB cam. I also have webmedia running using one of the cams connected to the winnov card. CPU useage with no body watching is 14%. I think in the past the high cpu useage was pretty much tracked down to a "Dazzle" usb capture gizmo that was being used.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Whoops. Misread. I'll look to night and let you know. I do know I have never changed that setting for either of the software packages so it will be what ever default is.

Leave a comment:

• BraveSirRobbin
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I do not need to FTP because I host my own page <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was curious on your Frames Per Second settings (refresh rates) that you have with those CPU useage numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Brave Sir Robbin,
    I only stream and have a plugin that captures stills. I do not need to FTP because I host my own page.

Stevech,
    I do believe WebCam32 is no longer being worked on but I have used it going on three years with a single glitch.

As far as iVista goes why would you ever upgrade? I've been using iVista 3.1 (paid $9.99) for the same 3 year period with no problems what so ever. Both serve live streaming 24/7 without a glitch. I wish my cable service was as reliable.

Leave a comment:

• Stevech
    replied
    Webcam32 - isn't it abandoned? The author closed shop and moved on?

iVista - still going, but they want $$$ for each new release?

Leave a comment:

• BraveSirRobbin
    replied
    Rupp, what are your FPS settings at for those cameras?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    iVista and Webcam32 both use less than 5% CPU cycles when not being viewed and neither use more than 50% cpu when being viewed. I have both a USB camera and regular old X10 cameras.

Leave a comment:

• Stevech
    replied
    is this a USB camera? I found that every software package I tried loads the CPU to 35% or more - due to the USB driver for the camera, not the application. Unfortunately, none of the applications "close" the camera when there are no web viewers. When "closed", the CPU falls to 0%.

Leave a comment:

• Czechmarty
    replied
    BSR solved my problem.
    It was too high FPS setting.
    Now I have to find out what is "system" process in WinXP. That's doing that "heart beat signal" every ~40sec.

Marty

Leave a comment:

• Czechmarty
    started a topic WebcamXP CPU problem.

WebcamXP CPU problem.

Guys,
    I tried the WebcamXP and it works great. BUT - my CPU usage is going up tu the roof. See attached images.
    The first image left side - No monitor, Nobody is watching
    The first image right side - Monitoring ON, Nobody is watching
    The second image - Monitoring ON, 1 computer watching on my LAN

Consider the WebcamXP is running at the same machine as Homeseer, I can't effort to give the WebcamXP so much CPU time.

Anyone has an idea what to do??

Marty

Here is my configuration (pulled out with Bellarc Advisor):
    Windows XP Professional (build 2600)
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7N266VM REV 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS A7N266-VM ACPI BIOS
    1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    480 Megabytes Installed Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce2 Integrated GPU [Display adapter]