A repeating IR command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A repeating IR command

Is it somehow possible to made homeseer continuously repeat a IR comman as long as a "button" is press. For example, I have programmed the IR codes for a CD player into HS. But Fast Foward, or Rewind, need to be "held down" on the original remote control to adequately utilize this feature. Is there a relatively easy way to "hold down" a command button in HS?

--Thanks Doug

P.S. In regard to my last posted question, Rupp, just because I am using discrete IR codes does not mean I dont need to check the status of a device. Many devices such as TV's preamp's etc, only have a single Power button. Thus the need to check its status.

Doug,
    As far a monitoring weather a device is on or off here is a thread that talks about a similar attempt:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...4&m=9646006533

If you do a search on CR Magnetic you should get a few posts on power monitoring.

As far a pushing a button and generating multiple ir signals. The only thing I can think of would be to set up a few buttons and each could send a certain number of IR pulses. Like the button labeled FF(3) could send three back to back Fast forwards with a slight pause in between.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I need to know how to send IR Repeats because it turns out my new Onkyo amps don't have a preset default on volume level.

Had a party last night Volume 60 and woke up this morning to Vol 60....ouch.

What I need to do is set a bunch of Vol- repeats when the power is turned of via HS.

Anybody know how to do this?

Comment

kevind,
        One way would be to use a script and simply loop through the number of ir commands needed. Sorta like:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        for i = 1 to 10
        hs.SendIR "Stereo,VolumeUp"
        next
        </pre>
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK great that works....little slow though

Is there a way to speed it up

Or

I have been reading about "discreet commands".

How do these work and how do you use them? Have not been able to make heads or tails about them yet.

I am wondering if I can send a "discreet" volume level on power up.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevind:I have been reading about "discreet commands".

How do these work and how do you use them? Have not been able to make heads or tails about them yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Discrete commands are IR commands that do things like Power On only, Power Off only, and AV Inputs. Many receivers have discrete AV inputs. In fact, I always thought most Onkyo receivers had discrete power commands on the OEM remote.
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am wondering if I can send a "discreet" volume level on power up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some high end audio gear has the ability to preset volume level commands. This works very much like preset channels on a tuner. If your receiver has this capability then it may have a unique command for preset level 1, 2, 3 ... etc.

If you tell me the manufacturer of the gear, like Sony Tv, that you are trying to control, I can proabably give you a fairly educated guess if it has discrete commands.

The second part of the equation is what IR device that you are controlling with HS, since many discrete commands are not on the OEM remote. Somehow you have to get that command into the library of commands for the device that emits the IR. The Ocelot, Slinke, and several others have a way to do that. The Ocelot and USB-UIRT can "convert" Pronto hex but, these are usually somewhat limited in how well they work.

There are a series of cheap programmable remotes known as OFA (one for all) that have 6-pin connectors in their battery compartments that can be programmed with a PC to do discrete commands, and it is probably easier to program them and learn them to your HS controlled IR device. www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help has more information.

Comment

Working...
            X