Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turning TTS OFF and ON through a script or Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning TTS OFF and ON through a script or Event?

is there a way to turn TTS OFF and ON through a Event or Script?

You can use &hs.MuteSpeech=True to turn off the TTS output. You can also turn off the VR (Voice Recognition) off thru an Event or Script (&hs.StartListen / &hs.StopListen).

Another way you can control the TTS engine is by using the SpeakEasy plugin. You can either queue the messages coming out the TTS engine or throw them away completely. By queueing or logging them then you don't miss what was actually said. If you also had some type of speaker switching you could simply just turn off the speakers.

George

Comment

http://www.homeseer.com/products/hom...MuteSpeech.htm
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thanks guys. I did a search, and also cruised through the manual and didn't find this!

Comment

so this allows me to turn ON and OFF the speech, but requires that TTS always be selected as ON. What I would like to do is have a command that allows me to dynamically turn TTS ON and OFF through script. Is there a way to do this?

Comment

Jeff,

What's the difference between turning TTS off and muting it? What are you trying to accomplish? If your objective is to ensure HS doesn't speak (as when your family is asleep) then mute will accomplish that.

Comment

DC, I normally have TTS turned OFF, however there is one event that runs once a day that I definately want it to speak. I was hoping not to leave it ON to handle this event, but to just turn it ON when required.

Comment

Jeff,
                Why do you turn it off??? Why not turn it on and mute it and then un-mute it for that "one thing"?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was thinking that TTS would consume resources if ON but muted. This may not be a big deal, and may in fact be wrong....the mute function is easy enough that I'll just use it that way and see what happens. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X