What is the best IR solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best IR solution?

Once again I am expanding my Homeseer configuration and would like to know the best IR solution for HA. I do have a Pronto with the whole house 543 IR to X10 converter. What I want to do is control the rack sytem (stereo, tv, DVD etc.) with Homeseer.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
    ~Mark

Whatever you do.....DON"T TRY HOUSELINC!

I bought one a long time ago as it was (at the time) the cheapest IR solution I could find. But after living with the SEVERE limitations, I wish I had chosen the Ocelot.

Chuck

Comment

I haven't taken the plunge into IR yet but as of now I'm planning to use the Global Cache GC-100. They have cables to sense if a device (TV/cable box/etc) is on or off and feed it to the IR. They also have a serial interface. A lot of potential!

Jeff

Comment

Oh yeah, one more thing - it connects to your ethernet network. Use the DLink converter and it becomes a wireless device!

Jeff

Comment

I was considering the Ocelot and have a few questions:

Is this a send as well as receive unit? I suppose the receive part isn't important as I can use the Pronto to send commands to HS and have IR sent from HS based on the X10 command received. Correct? The Ocelot will also replace my CM11A. Correct? What else does the Ocelot do? Expandability?

Thanks,
          ~Mark

Comment

Ocelot:
            http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/ocelot.htm

This will answer all these questions.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X