quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question

hi i remember i did see a command that you can put in an url to open a page without any boarders (something with "K" if i remember correctly.. But i can't find the post. Anyone still remember ?

i need to make this one boarderless, its called from another program.
    http://192.168.1.101:85/touchpad_control

Rob

iexplore.exe -k http://whatever.com
    One note with this however, you will still get the scroll bar over on the right hand side whether you need it or not. I had to do something similiar to this for a kiosk display at work one time and there is something you can do where the scroll bar over on the right hand side will disappear if you don't need it but I can't remember it off the top of my head right now. I'll try to grab the code that you put into the page your creating to get rid of it if I get the chance tomarrow.

Comment

Is there a way to get it out of full screen mode?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tnx works perfect !! Had to leave te iexplorer.exe part away , but that will be due to the program i call it from i guess, tnx for the quick help !

Rubb i added a button to the touchpad interface that will kill the browser, so i will return to my original program:

button command: javascript:self.close();

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
          Is there a way to get it out of full screen mode? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Alt-F4 to close the window. Unfortunately, that's about the only I could ever figure out to do that.

Comment

Glad to help out Cherryman!
            Like I said, I'm sorry I just can't remember the code to hide the scroll bar on the right side off the top of my head but I know there's a way to do as long as you don't need it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some free time tomarrow morning at work so I'll see if I can't find it for you then.
            I also know there's a way to kill IE even if it wasn't opened from another browser but, like the hidden scroll bar, I'll have to wait until I have a chance to pull that out as well.

Comment

Hi Cherryman,
              Sorry for the delay in getting this code to you.
              First up is the code to close a window by clicking on a link. I know a lot of times if you click on a link similiar to this you get a security message about how the page is trying to close the window and if you want it to or not but if you use this you'll no longer get that message.
              javascript:window.opener=null;window.close();
              The script that you use to hide the scroll bars in IE (note, this will only hide the scroll bars when you don't need them, they'll still be there if you need to scroll down the screen) is as follows.

&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;
              body {
              overflow: auto ;
              }
              &lt;/style&gt;

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
              X