Updater in 2040 not showing anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater in 2040 not showing anything

I just loaded 2040 on a new computer (windows 2003 sp1) and after registering HS, I click on the Updater and nothing happens. It tries to access http://localhost/updater/updater.aspx but then nothing is displayed. Any ideas on what's going on here?

-scott

I had a similar thing, I reinstalled .net and it worked, may be worth a try for you

Comment

you reinstalled the .NET framework or your reinstalled VS .NET 2003?

Comment

.net framework

Comment

I found the knowledge base entry for reinstalling the .NET framework v1.1 and tried those steps. I ran the cleanup tool, and then downloaded the .NET framework from MS. When executing it, it says that it already exists on my system and that I should run the windows update facility to update the .NET framework. I tried to remove the framework manually as per the instructions, but the files (like mscoree.dll) are locked by another program. I believe that the .NET framework is embedded and released with win2003 server. I am current with all of the MS patches. Any other ideas on how to get the Updater to work?

Comment

ScottM,
            You are correct in the fact that you can not remove .net from Win2k3 because it is built into the OS. I believe you need to enable the application server (which installs IIS) to get the the updater to work.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp! Ok, now I installed the Application server on my system, which installed IIS. Now when I run HS, I get the 'Under Construction' web page rather than HS. Do I need to reinstall HS to get it to show up now, or do I need to change the port from 80 to 81 or something else? (I don't know this web configuration stuff well, so I'm kind of grasping at straws.

Thanks! -scott

BTW, I do get a warning when HS comes up that says "Webserver listener thread exited". This comes up after it states that the web server thread was started on port 80.

Comment

Scott,
                Yes. IIS is more than likely running on port 80 but I thought HS was supposed to pick the next available port automatically. I would stop IIS if your not going to use it and then go ahead and change the HS port to something like 81.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

OK, here's what I found out. Apparently, HS did not detect that IIS was running on port 80 which is why my default configuration wasn't working. I stopped IIS, started HS, changed the port to 81, shutdown HS, restarted IIS and restarted HS and everything is now working properly. Thanks for the guidance and the help. Still not sure I understand how this will all work when I setup my webpage to control HS remotely, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm sure that will be quite a bit down the road.

Thanks again. -scott

Comment

Working...
                  X