Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my new RCS TXB16 shortly and have a couple questions

Hi,

I should be receiving my TXB16 thermostat any day now and was wondering what is the best script to use with it. I know Rick has released the TXB16 thermostat plugin, but I have been reading the thread and it looks like people are having trouble with it. Can anyone tell me what is the best and most reliable script or plugin to use with it and are there any instructions for either the script or plugin?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade,

That is incorrect - I have not released the thermostat plug-in - only a BETA of the thermostat plug-in.

Thanks.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

When will the next rev of the plugin be released?

Comment

Bob,
        I use Grant's script from the script library and it works perfectly.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Rick,

I meant that it was BETA, but I know people were having some issues. Since I am going to be relying on it for my heat and cool, I want to make sure it is flawless.

Rupp, what issues were you having with the plugin?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Bob,
            I hate to say it but I had to quit using it. It was setting my heat up to 90°F and I was getting dozens of unable to communicate with CM11A errors. In addition it creates several new devices and I already have way more than I can manage. I wish it simply created one but that was not the direction they chose to go. I also had some problems with parts of the forms not showing up due to me editing my style sheet. The interface is web based and I really do not care for that either. I'll try it again in the future but it will have to be a pretty good plugin for me to drop my script that operates flawlessly.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

Was it easy to hook up the actual thermostat hardware. I downloaded the manual from RCS and it looks ok but I was just wondering your experience with installing it.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Bob,
                It's not bad at all. Their instructions have you bench test it before installing and as far as I remember it went smoothly. I do remember 2 things that made my install hard. One was the fact that I couldn't get to the old tstat wire that was in the wall. I had a closet directly behind my tstat where I mounted my controller. This was a bit of work because I didn't have a power outlet in the closet but there was one on the outside wall. So I cut a hole inside the closet and connected a new wire from the existing plug and mounted a new one. All in all it turned out to be a 4-5 hour job.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X