No announcement yet.

Need feedback on the Logitech Harmony 680 remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no expert, but I think they broadcast in only one flavor so you should only need a second receiver. Probably need to buy a spare transmitter since I doubt if they are sold separately. If you are going to try it then I would first confirm that the ocelot can see the blaster IR. Should also confirm that all receivers are built the same. Just imagine, however, the factory production problems if they are all built in unique pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
      I'm no expert, but I think they broadcast in only one flavor so you should only need a second receiver. Probably need to buy a spare transmitter since I doubt if they are sold separately. If you are going to try it then I would first confirm that the ocelot can see the blaster IR. Should also confirm that all receivers are built the same. Just imagine, however, the factory production problems if they are all built in unique pairs.

You can get them in singles. I currently own 2 "receivers" and 7 "transmitters". Martin sells them separately if anyone needs a separate.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This might be a stupid question, but with both Powermids in the same relative location by your controlled equipment, one being a transmitter and one being a receiver, and both of them ultimately tieing back to another pair in your equipment closet pointing to an Ocelot or USB-UIRT, could you have situation where IR commands are kind of "caught in a loop" from closet to equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
          You can get them in singles. I currently own 2 "receivers" and 7 "transmitters". Martin sells them separately if anyone needs a separate.

I thought the transmitters were the ones that sent the IR from the remote to RF and the receiver converted the RF to IR and sent it to the equipment.

Rupp, you have a tonne of transmitters and only two receivers. Do you have that many sources that send out IR signals. WOW
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade
            I thought the transmitters were the ones that sent the IR from the remote to RF and the receiver converted the RF to IR and sent it to the equipment.

Rupp, you have a tonne of transmitters and only two receivers. Do you have that many sources that send out IR signals. WOW
            Bob,
            I get them confused so that's why I quoted and attempted to explain the current function. In my mind the one that sits near the equipment is the transmitter and the one that receives the signal is the receiver but I believe I may have them backward. Either way I have 2 of the ones without an antenna and 7 of the ones with antennas.

Comment

Originally posted by kwolter
              This might be a stupid question, but with both Powermids in the same relative location by your controlled equipment, one being a transmitter and one being a receiver, and both of them ultimately tieing back to another pair in your equipment closet pointing to an Ocelot or USB-UIRT, could you have situation where IR commands are kind of "caught in a loop" from closet to equipment?
              This is exactly why I haven't tried this...

Comment

Greg,

Is there such a device that will split the one ir emitter plugged into the powermid receiver into about 6-8 ir emitters so I can put one on each equipments ir window?

This way the signal would not miss the equipment
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Greg,

Is there such a device that will split the one ir emitter plugged into the powermid receiver into about 6-8 ir emitters so I can put one on each equipments ir window?

This way the signal would not miss the equipment
                  Not that I know of. The whole idea behind these devices is to "blast" the signal all over. I have one behind some flowers on the wall and it works with equipment on the opposite side of the room which is about 15 feet.

Comment

You can get one of these.

http://www.iautomate.com/ir100.html

It will take an IR input and amplify to handle 4 outputs. Using the dual emmitters you can have 8 of the mini emmitters.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

It says on the web site that they cannot accept any orders outside the US.

Damn, I was just about to order one of those
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Woo hoo,

I found it here:

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...cat=116&page=1
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Martin has them. Tell him I sent you

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...2&cat=0&page=1

Comment

Not certain what you are exactly trying to do, but I suspect you still need something to receive the IR, a power supply, emitters and some extension wiring. You may find a kit rather than component more cost effective. I know Worthington sells the kits. I dont know if Martin does or not. I obtained the Xantech brand. Buffalo is good too.

Comment

Just got my Harmony 880. It is ultra sweet. I set it up and it works awesome.

It fit right on the charging base without any issues at all.

I think I am going to like this remote.

I even have some slide show images running on it and a new background
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Just got my Harmony 880. It is ultra sweet. I set it up and it works awesome.

It fit right on the charging base without any issues at all.

I think I am going to like this remote.

I even have some slide show images running on it and a new background
                                Congrats, I wanted this one but wanted to wait for the old bases to be exhausted before ordering one. It would have been my luck to get the rev that had the bad base. Keep us updated and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X