Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony 7" LocationFree LCD TV (LFX5) - InternetTablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony 7" LocationFree LCD TV (LFX5) - InternetTablet?

Will the 'Sony 7" LocationFree LCD TV (LFX5)' work in a way similar to the Nokia 770 to control HS within a home?

They say that it is able to do "Web browsing and e-mail with touch panel and on-screen keyboard.", has 480i capability, SVGA 800x480, has "Dual band (2.4GHz And 5GHz) triple mode (IEEE802.11a/b/g) wireless technology.", has "Ethernet port provided for broadband Internet access.".

Will it do the same type of job to access HomeSeer as the Nokia 770 will?

Kind of an urgent question as the Nokia 770 is NOT available in Canada, but FutureShop has an 'on-line' sale that ends today, normal price is 1,299.99, today only there is a discount of $700.00 so today-only's price is $599.99.

Can anyone give me their recommendation whether this would be a wise purchase for use with HomeSeer?

Kind of an urgent question as the Nokia 770 is NOT available in Canada
    How about e-Bay?

One benefit of the Nokia is that its a full Linux PC, so there a potential to run other programs on it in the future, but it has the disadvantage of not being a TV.

Comment

I have the LFX5 and I paid $1399 + tax when first came out, doh!!

I use it occassionally for HS and I use Rover which is text based, it can fit a lot on the screen. It's also a nice display for showing pictures, it supports CF card for playing slideshows.

I'm not familar with the Nokia but if you're mainly using the Sony for HS control, just keep in mind the browser may not be future-proof in case if the web page requires any new plugins.

Simon

Comment

Working...
      X