Removing Modem from System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Modem from System

Since I am having a lot of problems with my Homeseer PCI modem not working correctly and in my help desk ticket Richard is a little confused as to why I am having these problems, I was thinking about removing the modem and all references to it (in Homeseer and XP) and starting over. I am running XP Pro with HS 2.0. Could I get an explaination as to what I need to make sure I cover to get the modem all the way out of each? I tried unistalling it from XP but I wasn't sure how to get it out of Homeseer and I wasn't sure if I should do anything with the registry or not.

Thanks.

You will need to clean out the entries in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E 96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\XXXX

Where "XXXX" is a number like 0000 or 0001 (one entry for each modem)
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp. I checked that and after I uninstalled the modem it was gone from the registry. I was wondering how I can start with fresh settings in the HSPhone.

Comment

Delete your HSPhone.ini file from the config directory.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks again Rupp. I did all that and now so far my HSPhone appears to be working. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it keeps working.

Comment

Working...
          X