Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Status Script

Hello Rupp,
    First of all, I want to wish you and your families a very HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!! Next, I think I have determined what is going on with the network status script. The computer that the script is running on when powered down, has no way of executing the script of course and updating the status. When the computer is rebooted or started up again, the last status it sees is that it was online, so no status date or icons are updated. I determined this by powering the computer down several times and waiting an appropriate length of time before powering up, and the computer status date and time in the network status screen is the same date that the script was first run on the computer. Is there a way, say in the shutdown script to capture the date and time the computer is shut down and update the status of the computer that way. This way, when the computer comes back up again, it will see that the last status when shutdown was offline and then after the script executes again, it will pick up the online state and the correct date and time the computer came back on line. Not sure how this would be handled in the shutdown script however? Maybe the resolution would be to ping the computer in its startup scripts and update the status from there? Take care and hope the new year has started out great for you and yours !!!!!! Take care and God Bless !!!!!!

Rick the way we modified the script was designed around an always on PC which most HS pc's are. I would suggest having a look at UltraMon as it is a much more robust network application and if I'm not mistaken you can run events if one of the machines goes off line.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I come up with an idea to at least capture the correct uptime time and date. I was thinking of running a stripped down version of the script routine in the startup script so when the Homeseer machine is powered up again, it will capture the online date and time and update the status accordingly. I haven't tried it out yet, but I should get to it this weekend and I will let you know how it works. Thanks again for all the help !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X