Anybody using a Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody using a Mac?

I'm curious if anybody might be using a Mac and running HS via Virtual PC? I know it might not be an "optimal" configuration, but my PC is dying, and I have access to some "spare" Mac hardware that I think would do the job. I'm hoping to find out if anybody out there has tried, and whether the attempt was successful or not.

????

Thanks
    Dave

Hello Dave,

Given the HS/2 stability problems (ah, I mean enhancements) in Windows XP environments, I wouldn't recommend trying it in any other OS.

Just my two cents,
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

when Apple OSX is supported on AMD/Intel platforms (2006?) I may switch. I am sick of the XP viruses.

But then if Apples gains any market share, the no-gooders will attack it too. BSD Unix was written by students and I doubt they paid much attention to security and odd error conditions.

Comment

I use all MACs, except for the HomeSeer machine. I deal with all the stupid PC problems on that machine, but don't use it for mail or web, so its pretty isolated. I don't think running HomeSeer on a MAC is a good idea, unless it is a very modern powerful MAC, as it will be too slow, and if you were running it on a new MAC, why would you want o do that?

You can buy older PCs for next to nothing nowadays. Even new ones are only a few hundred dollars if you don't include the monitor which you already have.

Comment

I have been using Mac's since 1986, and never looked back... and with the OSX operating system, well I can't say enough good about it (certainly my opinion... and to each his own). I have 7 Mac's and 3 PC's. I have tried many incarnations of Virtual PC for the Mac and it has always been a bit buggy, even on the fastest of Mac's. You especially don't want to use it for any processor heavy tasks or for mission/performance critical applications such as HS. Emulation is a tough thing and the reliability just isn't there... though with Apple's move to Intel you'll soon be able to have a dual boot machine.

--

Comment

Working...
          X