Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best plugin to chart/plot temp08 temperatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best plugin to chart/plot temp08 temperatures?

I'm looking for the best plugin Free or paid that is easy to set up and will simply plot/chart my temperatures. TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I use MRTG (Perl) and feed the temps into it with a batch file. Results like this: http://gac.no-ip.com/mrtg/temp01-day.png , or see the weather page that uses them at http://gac.no-ip.com/gordon/weather1.asp - don't forget to click the graph to get into other summary views.
    |
    | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
    HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Thanks Gordon. I'm looking for someone else that would like to "drop" it in and go.

Now your only 8999 behind.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
        easy to set up and dimply plot/chart ...
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon,
        I don't think your pages look very dimply at all.

Hmm. Looks like lack of sleep has finally taken its toll.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ok Jeff I fixed it. But I still want a dimple way of "plodding" temperatures.

Comment

hehehe,

Rupp, Did you spend all last weekend watching the Green Acres marathon on TV Land?
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Any of you guys use a temp08 unit? If so which plugins plot the temps.

Comment

Rupp.

I'm using Ambient Weather Station software. Theres the option to plot auxillary temperature inputs etc, I just feed these into the program via a CSV file generated by Homeseer from the Temp08 data. It works fine.

Phill

Comment

temperature&gt;&gt; maybe McsTemperature

Comment

Is mcsTemperature the only plugin available to plot one-wire temps with? My friend tried it and was having a bit of trouble with it so I'm looking again. Thanks In advance.

Comment

Greg, I believe that Pete's plugin also does the capture/graphing. I don't use it (although I did try it early on - prior to WD), but a friend uses it and finds it great. http://www.garyga.com/Default.aspx?tabid=28

Comment

Rupp,
                        I do not think Pete's plugin does the Temp0x thing. Perhaps Jim Doolittle's to-be-released DooTemp08 will have graphic capability.

Why don't you set your friend up using the same configuration you use to collect and graph the data?

Comment

Michael,
                          He's currently trying out your plugin (mcsTemperatures) but he's having a few issues and not having used it makes it hard for me to help troubleshoot. I would set him up with the script I'm using but it's the original Temp05 script that Mitch put together 3 years ago. I hacked the crud out of it to make it log my temps and humidity to an access database. I then downloaded some JAVA servelets to plot the data but that too is a hack job. So to set him up would be a nightmare. I should take the time to rework it but then I couldn't sit here an board loaf.

Comment

Working...
                          X