X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bain implants

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/13/health/13BRAI.html

Anyone want to try a plugin?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Bad Link ?
    Neil
    Newmarket Ontario

Comment

What's a bain?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So everyone here is probably the person that fixes their neighbors computers, or sets the clock on mom/dad's VCR, right? It just seems older people don't get it. Well, these are going to be the things our generation doesn't get. When all of us are 70 years old, the teenagers will be getting brain implants and upgrades, and our tired/old hardwired brain won't be maleable enough to accept them. We just wont get it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about starting a project to interface an EEG (see this link) with HS. The hardest part is likely building the waveform recognition to turn brain waves into triggers, given that the signals may not be unique. But, mice have done it so I figure it's worth a shot. Not practical but good fun.

Comment

Should be "brain".

You have to get a "free" password from the NY Times to see the article. In short, it's about a company that's testing brain implants on disabled people to see if it can be used to control things (a cursor on a computer in the beginning).
          My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Heh heh, try the spell check implant first!

~Bill

Comment

I tell people that I can't understand why we aren't moving toward direct brain/computer connections and they just look at me like I'm crazy. Why in the world are we still using keyboards designed in the 1870s?!?! This sucks.
              This is usually part of a discussion on home automation and they think I'm crazy on that too. Why people don't see the home as a sensor filled, event driven environment seems odd as you look at the modern world.

This is the next human evolution before the machines take over completely and manage the planet correctly.....
              (Gotta go, my doctor is here with my pills)

Comment

Many, many years ago another gentleman and I designed a bio-feedback machine that effectively did this. We did this for the Menninger(sp?) Institute in the 70's. It worked rather well. The research was focused on brain wave patterns and we had an interface to lights, which provided the feedback. Yes, people were able to control the lights with some work. (We were also involved in trying to measure out-of-body experiences / esp / etc.. and used people that claimed they had the ability. Mixed results.)

However I don't think anyone's (I.E. scientists) been able to produce any significant progress since then. Thank God for the NY Times. They will most certainly be able to move this forward at last.

Comment

I thought that was so cool in the old Saturn 3 movie where the guy plugged in that wireless connector at the back of his head and he directly communicated with that robot. What a Roomba that would make.

Comment

Scary thought....

Having anything written by Micro$oft being directly connected to my brain.

"Mr. Lehnert, we have three new critical security patches to be downloaded this week. After completing the download, you will have to be reborn, err, rebooted for the patches to take effect"
                    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Takes the need for a Firewall, Anti Virus, Anti Trogen and hacker proofing to a new level.

ie. Someone hacked my ATM code from my brain last night.

I got a virus and now i cant add 1+1 and get 2.

Or every time the phone rings i anounce the caller ID information..

Comment

Just wait until your wife gets the Administrator password and can add/change your event behaviors. No more poker parties.
                        Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
                        X