Voice Control Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Control Question

Hi Everyone. I'm new to homeseer and just had a question on voice control. I was previously looking at hal2000 but came across homeseer which seems like a better solution for me. The one thin I enjoyed about Hal2000 is the ability to ask Hal questions like weather, new movies, movie reviews, top 10 books and a long list of other stuff. Contact management, tvguide, shopping lists and others. Here is the list of some of the commands:
    http://james.lipsit.com/tell_me.htm

Can homeseer do this? If so I would definetly consider homeseer a better solution than Hal2000..

THanks! Brian

PS. Anything other major differences between Hal and Homeseer that I should know about?

Brian,
    If you have a script that can access movies or the weather or top 10 books then yes HS can do this and a whole lot more. Having not used HAL I'm not sure if the ability to grab the afore mentioned data is native or not but in HS it would have to be scripted to do so. for example, there is a weather script that is called WeatherXML and once setup in HS can be called by saying "Tell me the weather" (or any other voice tag you choose). This voice command would kick off the script and read the weather to you.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Cool. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Are some of these scripts available for download or would I have to write them all myself?

Comment

Originally posted by blauter78
        Cool. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Are some of these scripts available for download or would I have to write them all myself?
        Some are but most are not. Weather, grocery llist, TV are available but the beauty of HS is it will allow you to write URL scraping scripts easily if your VB savy. If not we're here to help.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X