Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

X10 offering Free Lola Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the same denial email. Don't feel it's worth complaining about except them having my info on hand now.
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Ok I haven't gotten the free firecracker in the last few years - BUT I have gotten Activeyes and DS-10's on what I thought was a good deal. I used my yahoo email address for those orders and the free LOLA.

Today in my Yahoo BULK EMAIL box:

Thank you for your continued interest in X10 products and for your purchase of X10 software.

Here's the registration information for your order#

Product: Registration Code
      Lola Software:

To download your software, click here:

SW25A

Enter the registration code(s) into the appropriate box, when you run the software for the first time

Watch those spam filters!

GLT

Comment

Lola looks like it was designed for the Kiosk touchscreen.

Thanks Plane_Guy for reminding me.

Now if it would just quit trying to dial-up every time I start it.

GLT

Comment

Still waiting on the hardware, but I tried the software tonight...

I have over 3000 songs and it takes Lola about 15 minutes to load. Not to mention the two hours to catalog everything. If you have a large library, this may not be for you. I know it's been said before, but the software really does fall short.

Also... it starts another program called x10net.exe, that does not seem to close when the player does? Anyone know what this does? I assume it as something to do with the registration, but I'm just guessing.

Jim

Comment

From the one and only result returned via http://groups.google.com I got this.

So, it looks like X10net.exe is a program that can send X10 commands over a network. It might prove useful although I do not know what it may do different (other than for Lola) than HomeSeer and some of HST's free ActiveX controls.
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Hmm - I only have about 700 songs and it loads in about 5 seconds on a 1.4 GHZ cel w/ 512 memory.

I REALLY like it on the touchscreen - much better than media player on touchpad - just wish you could get to ALL the songs by an artist instead of each album by the artist - plus it trys to dial up each time.

I do NOT run the controller at start-up. I know it searches for updates - but they haven't updated the program for over a year.

GLT

Comment

I don't know why it takes so long for me. Lola loads and the screen comes up, but if I try to play a track it takes about 15 minutes to start playing the first time. After that it works fine. I have a P4 2.0 with 512RAM. Maybe it has to do with my audio files being on a networked drive. I have never had problems like that with any other player though. I will have to do some experimenting.

Jim

Comment

Hooked mine up this weekend. Sound quality is not good using the speaker output of my soundcard, but I don't have a line output on mine. Anyone have any ideas on improving sound? Other than that, it works pretty much like all x10 "entertainment" stuff, which is about what you'd expect. I can definitely see possibilities with it, but am seriously considering ROKU HD1000 with it's new lower price. Any thoughts anyone?

Comment

Alan,

I bought the Creative MP3+ USB external sound "box" at Wal-Mart for $39 (It's about that price everywhere.)It's pretty small and comes with a mount for a laptop or velcro to mount it otherwise. Works fine w/ USB 1.1.

It has both analog and digital (optical) inputs AND outputs. I use the optical out to the receiver and get great sound.

I personally don't recommend their software. XP recognizes the box automatically.

GLT

Comment

GLT,
                      Thanks for the info. Might be worth a try, though I'm intrigued with the ROKU for the video possibilities.

Comment

Just want to throw a vote of confidence behind the Creative USB device that's being talked about. I've got one and absolutely love it! Some of the guys that I work with have come over to check out my system and that is the one thing that just about all of them have bought for themselves. Not that expensive, great quality, easy to set up, what's not to like?

Comment

Working...
                        X