No announcement yet.

X10 offering Free Lola Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM19A does act as a transceiver. I started using the CM19A for ninja control and am now using it also to replace an MR26A (freed up a serial port). I did the F-connector mod and just attached the antenna from the MR26A and it's working fine. I have NOT tested the receiving distance - so can't offer a comparison that way as yet.

Comment

Here is an update I read on another board about these deals. It looks like X10 is cancelling some Lola orders if you already bought the Firecracker deal??? They are saying only one deal allowed per house/address??? I just re-read my order confirmation and they state the order is dependant on certain conditions. So if you are ordering, you may want to use another address if you bought the firecracker last time!!!

Comment

I ordered Firecracker and so far it looks like my order is going through.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

I know at one time x-10 tracked customers by email addresses - so I used a newer one. I got the firecracker deals years ago though - not the current one.

GLT

Comment

Everyone's order that got canceled happened within 24 hours of placing it. It looks like a random thing??

Comment

I never got a confirmation or cancellation notice, same thing happened last time when I didn't get anything. My wife signed up for a free kit couple of weeks ago, guess that blacklisted me lol, just wish they would stop taking my credit card info.
              HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
              (aka xplosiv)
              Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

For some that got the cancellation, they altered their address and it went through. Depending on how extact you mail carrier is, they were changeing AVE to ST. Some even put APT 1A to make the address different. I think that is how they are checking for dup's????

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan (xplosiv):
                  I never got a confirmation or cancellation notice ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darn! I didn't get confirmation or cancellation yet so I am beginning to wonder. And I already figured out how I was going to integrate it and some parts leftover from my Entertainment Anywhere kit I got a couple of years ago.
                  Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                  My Hardware & Software

Comment

Did get a confirmation (minutes after ordering) - no cancellation (yet).

GLT

Comment

I would give them a call to see whats up. I got my notice within a couple of hours after placing the order?

Comment

I called them since I received nothing back after 24 hrs. and was given an order number. So don't give up if you haven't heard!

Comment

30 Hours later.

I received an email giving me an order number at 2:30pm yesterday. Today, at 8:30pm, I get an email saying they could not fulfill my order, because I was not a 'new' customer.

I thought it was free because that was what it was worth.

Comment

I got that email too, I responded with a pretty long email, will see what happens.
                            HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                            (aka xplosiv)
                            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I received an email tonight with the new customer denial excuse. They attached a $15 gift certificate. Pretty cheesy.

-Rob

Comment

I got a link from them for the software download page and software key in an email today. So I guess my stuff is on the way.

While looking around the site I found this..

FREE Product Offers. X10 FREE product offers are limited to new customers residing in the U.S. and are limited to one per household. Free product offers may not be combined. Any household that has received any prior free product offer from X10 is not eligible for this offer. This limited time offer may end without notice and is only available while supplies last. Customer is responsible for all shipping charges.

If they are going to make these offers available, they should be available for everyone. Doesn't look like a good move for them, but then they have never really known how to advertise and keep people happy at the same time.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X