keypadlink and non-toggle buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keypadlink and non-toggle buttons

i have a keypadlinc v2 and i would like to set up 2 of the non-load buttons so that one sends an a12 on and the other sends an a12 of - both of them in non-toggle mode.

the directions say to press and hold the button for 10 seconds then release and press for 5 seconds and then release and press again for 5 seconds again. this works but when i am finished the button remains lit and only sends the a12 on. i tried starting the press and hold process with the button lit and with it not lit and either way it ends up lit and sending an on.

also in the directions it says the following which i dont really understand - can some one explain?

"For example, if you want a button to always send the OFF command, press and hold 3 times as described above and then link it to another controller or button and send the non toggle button an off command (then unlink it from the button or controller)."

ideas anyone??

Comment

cmon - somebody has to have the answer to this - how do i make a insteon keypadlinc v2 button send an x10 a12 off command every time it is pressed (instead of toggling).

Comment

Sorry Bdee1,

I haven't played with the v2 keypadlincs yet.
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

bdee1,

I assume you have this working by now. I came across this thread while trying to find info for the exact procedure myself. I was confused by the same line you were.

Anyway, I have now performed this operation successfully. If you still need help, let me know.

On second thought - for anyone else coming across this thread looking for help, here is what I did -

1. I set the button to off (manually, or with HS)
          2. I held the button down for 10 seconds (light flashed)
          3. I held the button again for 5 seconds (light flashed again)
          4. I held the button once more for 5 seconds (light flashed again)
          5. I used HS to send this button an OFF command (non-toggle off mode completed)

I presume that in step 5 if I had sent this button an ON command, I would have succeeded in completing a non-toggle ON configuration for the button.

6. I then went about the traditional linking process, one by one, linking the button to each device. This was done by -
          A. Hold non-toggle button for 10 seconds to start linking mode.
          B. Hold switchlinc paddle on for 10 seconds to complete linking.

The button now performs a non-toggle off on all linked devices when the button is depressed. The button flashes while sending the command after being pressed, but then remains unlit. HOWEVER, I noticed that if I HOLD the button down instead of just depressing it, all those lights start to dim up.

Jim H.

Comment

Working...
          X