Low TP warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low TP warning

Has anyone out there developed a 'low TP' warning system? My general experience has been that the more urgent the situation, the more likely the previous user has almost exhausted the supply and not bothered to place a new roll within reach of the old thunder mug from a seated position.
    Just curious.

I just keep two spare rolls on the tank top.

Comment

We keep 2 extra rolls in the Longerberger baskets on the top of the toilet. A lazer light across the roll would signal you if they need refilling though.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HEY! They guy wants a high-tech solution. So off we go...

Laser range finder to measure roll diameter.
        Ultrasonic distance measurement.
        limit switch and roller on a spring keeper.

Teenager room-access exclusion device.

Comment

Reflective infrared sensor which points at the roll from the side - no reflection = no roll...

This could easily be built into the support arms of the roll so as to be unobtrusive and WAF-approved.

Comment

WOW, people are going to be terrified to use you-people's bathrooms with all the lazers & such - lol

Probably the best idea is to notify if there's no backup roll. If you get alerted that you're "getting low" the only thing you can do is bring in a backup roll anyway (unless you throw the roll away when it gets low?) If you keep it in a basket (as suggested above) you could go so simple as to put a cheap wireless motion detector in there, and have it send a reminder so-many-minutes later (after you exit the bath) that you should replace it.

Comment

put a counter on the spindle, you would have to ask Mr. Whipple how many sheets there are tho...
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?
              I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Just had a funny thought - you're having a party and someone's afraid to come out of the bathroom because your house just announced to everyone that they used up all the TP - lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann
                  Just had a funny thought - you're having a party and someone's afraid to come out of the bathroom because your house just announced to everyone that they used up all the TP - lol.
                  I'm still laughing at this one.... ROTFL ...

Comment

It's funny how these things get you thinking. Maybe a limit switch that rolls with the roll. When it gets small announce that a new roll is needed in the front bathroom. I want one of these now.

Comment

and when the TP-low indication occurs, Roomba brings you another roll

Comment

and when the TP-low indication occurs, and the seat-occupied sensor is "TRUE", Roomba brings you another roll

Comment

Maybe you could use an indirect method. Put a sensor on your refridgerator door. In theory, more refridgerator door openings, the more TP use. You could know that the TP will run out even before it does. Be proactive.
                          Last edited by ; February 7, 2006, 11:52 PM.

Comment

OK,
                            I went by Radio Shack at lunch to see what they had in terms of a limit switch. They didn't have anything that had a long enough leg on it. I may buy on and try to solder a long leg on it. But this has to be doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                              OK, I went by Radio Shack at lunch to see what they had in terms of a limit switch.
                              Hey Rupp, did you tell them what you wanted it for? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X