X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just

LOOK BEFORE YOU SIT.......

Comment

It sounds like Rocco and Firtha have similar ideas and it sounds like the best solution. I did something like that for a robot I built years ago.

Just a phototransistor and an infrared led side by side, with a short opaque wall seperating them. Then as long as the while roll is close to the unit, enough infrared is reflected back to trip the detector.

And you can control when it warns by how far up the arm you mount it.

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        Chris, You have too much time on your hands
        That's because he's trapped in the bathroom with no TP!!

Comment

More important than you think

This low TP warning system could have saved this guys life!

Man allegedly killed roommate over toilet paper
          Updated: 4:52 a.m. ET Feb. 21, 2006

MOSS BLUFF, Fla. - A man accused of fatally beating his roommate with a sledgehammer and a claw hammer because there was no toilet paper in their home has been arrested.
          Franklin Paul Crow, 56, was charged Monday with homicide in the death of Kenneth Matthews, 58, according to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
          Capt. Thomas Bibb said Crow initially denied his involvement, but confessed during questioning.
          Crow told investigators that the men were fighting about the toilet paper over the weekend when Matthews pulled out a rifle. Crow said he then began beating Matthews with the sledgehammer and claw hammer, according to an affidavit.
          Matthews was beaten so badly he had to be identified through his fingerprints, detectives said.
          Crow was being held at the Marion County jail without bond. It was not immediately known whether he had an attorney.

Comment

<sarcasm type="dripping">[sarcasm type="dripping"]Wow, that makes it all seem so worth the investment![/sarcasm]</sarcasm>

Lol.

Instead of a Low TP Warning, maybe we need to put sensors on housemates to tell HS to warn us when they've grabbed a weapon and are intending to kill us!

Comment

Let's take it the next level, if you can detect motion of the TP, why not have a timer to activate a flush. Why reach for the handle? LOL
              I <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Comment

Has anyone out there developed a 'low TP' warning system?

LOL yes. it's called a phone in the bathroom... "page... hunny, can you bring me some toilet paper..."
                detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

on this hi-brow discussion, I may add...

A fellow I worked with had an accident where he broke both arms and both were in full casts for weeks.

Now when it comes to personal hygene, he had a real test of a marriage!

Comment

I know htis is an old thread but to replenish the used roll you could use the vacuumtubes they have at banks for ending money around. push a button THUNK new roll.

Raptor
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

In the 1990's I worked for a bank (in Chicago) and while taking care of a few branch banks mostly hung around the main bank which was the oldest one.

The President of the bank's office had long been somewhat abandoned and was no longer being utilized; so I decided to utilize it.

I was very impressed. The main part of the office looked like any normal office. There was though a "hidden" elevator on one wall. The wall looked like a typically paneled in nice wood wall; but it had a button on it. The elevator went to a room below the main office. You could literally live in this room(s). I'm thinking now that it was more or less a bomb shelter. It had a setup with small living space and very large bathroom. I would have to say the bathroom was designed in the 1960's and updated in the 1970's but was totally automated with "connectivity" to the rest of the bank (and branches) (video and terminals). Even the TP replishment was somewhat automated with a kind of storage bin which was replenished from the main floor storage closet which was part of the main office.

For a time decided to make it my own as no one else was using it.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@Pete,
                        that is awesome! maybe he kept this mistress there.
                        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

What is...

What is toilet paper? You guys need to get with the times....
                          Attached Files
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                          X