No announcement yet.

lost newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looking in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\wave\ is that where you put it? Are you seeing this error on the local machine or remote machine?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
      It's looking in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\wave\ is that where you put it? Are you seeing this error on the local machine or remote machine?
      Dude you are quick!

I am on the only machine I have yes local machine.

Comment

if i upload this is what i get

Comment

Yep. The upload is broken in .2041. That's why I asked you to manually move it to the afore mentioned directory.

Comment

Yep. The upload is broken in .2041. That's why I asked you to manually move it to the afore mentioned directory.
            I did move it manually, I didint remove it from C:\WINDOWS\Media. I actually copied and paste it in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\wave\

Comment

Hum... It should work if you manually move it. Try this version of HS. It's a beta build but has a lot of changes.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/hs2/H...Update2063.exe

Comment

Hum... It should work if you manually move it. Try this version of HS. It's a beta build but has a lot of changes.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/hs2/H...Update2063.exe
                is that a link i get a link I get a
                The page cannot be displayed

save as target?

Comment

sorry i if that is a stupid response im am still new to this

Comment

Whoops. I need to ask Rich what the latest beat is labeled.

Comment

Whoops. I need to ask Rich what the latest beat is labeled.
                      Any word on that latest beta lable?

Comment

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/hs2/H...Update2066.exe

Comment

Thanks a bunch I will hopefully get to try I tonight. Going sking this weekend with the woman, so.............

Comment

WOOHOO!
                            I can now play wave files!

The upload works aslo.

The "westminster Chimes" script worked as well however I still for some reason am getting an error in the log?

2/16/2006 11:30:19 PM - Error - Cannot find wave file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\wave\chimes\whittington30.wav
                            2/16/2006 11:30:19 PM - Error - File not found or file is 0 length:

Thanks Rupp

Comment

Hello everyone! I wanted to thank everyone for all your help and and a speacil thanks to Rupp!

I seem to have a pretty good understanding of what is going on with HS!

I have many scripts and announcements running with VR. It has been alot of fun.

I also have several lights running now through HS as well. My girl friend was very impressed when she walked in to the room and said "Turn on the light" and it actually worked.

I have set up several different events using the lights and conditions. for example: Anytime after midnight the light only turn on to 10%. So it doesnt hurt your eyes.

My turtle's heat lamp is now on a timer for 3 hours a day which she really liked becuase I always forget . We can also turn it on and off via VR.

These are all very simple things however I have enjoyed the trial verson very much and will be purchasing HS!!!

Some problems:

I am still getting slight false triggers. Even when the room is silent. To my surprize after having my nose in the help menu adding (+) to my attention phrase helped alot.

I will continue to tinker with all the mic settings until I get it perfect.

Another problem I am having which I would really like to get corrected in the Winchester clock. The script appears to be running properly however The wav files are not playing.

I am running 2066 that Rupp hooked me up with corrected alot of the issues I was having with wave sounds. The upload works just fine and I now have several .wav files going but I just cant get that clock to work.

I was wondering why wave files and not MP3's??

So I so now that I have a slight (very slight) understanding of what is going on I would like to go a little deeper with homeseer. I have noticed many of you have some really terriffic home pages. How do I go about this?

I have a very little understanding of html and .asp. Heck I dont even know where to begin.

Where would I like to go wih it? Well I am very impressed with jrfuda's http://www.fudaserve.net/ home page and would very much like to get to something similar.

I would like a homepage where both my girlfriends and my family can see whats going on in our life with blogs, see picture and I would even like our own message board and of course I would like to have be able to control homeseer!

I am not even sure where to begin this what appears to be an incredible task. I have looked through all the help sections of HS and again I simply just do not understand.

Comment

At the bottom of John's page was this:
                                (C) 2006 Fuda Family Homepage
                                Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.
                                Design by Mamboteam.com!

So that would be a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X