X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizmiz
    replied
    Roomba Plugin...

How cool would it be to find a way to interface those buggers into hs...... You could set them up with a cleaning schedule, maybe automate a specific cleaning task [with VR], etc.......

Do not think its possible w/o added circuitry to the roomba, ive never had nor seen one, but it would be cool to use x10~!

EDIT : Looks like i missed that roomba thread lol ::
    Last edited by dizmiz; February 14, 2007, 10:46 PM. Reason: im in idio

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    My wife said I didn't need roombas either. That she would vacuum. We are now the proud owners of an armada of Roombas, with their leader the Scooba. Between the 4 of them, they keep the house pretty well kept.

1 roomba / floor and the scooba keeps the kitchen clean. One floor I share the top floor roomba as we don't use the bedrooms on the third floor. So, I just run the roombas in there once in a while, just to keep the normal dust off the floor.

I highly recommend them.

--Dan

Originally posted by Laldaas View Post
    Attention phrase is: Computer
    Goodbye phrase is : stand by

I just didnt like goodbye no reason at jus didnt like it.

Rofl the older I get the more "Uber geek" I become.

She is a keeper and we will be married..........Eventually, Basically when I grow some.

I have every intention on doing what many of you have done with VR. I am simply playing with it for now to get an understanding for how all this works.

Belive me I already have my eye on audio mixers and mics. I am in baby "Umber Geek"

I just need to show my GF the keeper that it will have some pratical use. I am just starting off with some fun stuff. This way when I start dropping real money on this, Espeacily once we are married, It will be an issue but maybe it wont be an gigantic issue.

For example I showed her the Roomba thread with the robotic vaccum. I said look honey we can work in vaccuming into HS. Her reply was "We dont need to spend money on that, I will vaccum and mop."

I said where is the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Ah I see said the blind man, sorry Gogs a little slow tonight.
    Erm, how did you manage to get your reply to my post posted before I had made the post which you replied to?

I would hardly call that being slow.

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Cogs
    Erm, if you mean Gogs, I know I can be a cog in the wheel at times, but.
    are you refering to the New HomeSeer Online Tutorials I just briefly look them over and they look terriffic!........
    Nope I was not. I was reffereing to this.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by nikez2k4
    Laldaas,

I have been reading your posts with great interest. You have asked a lot of the same questions I wanted to know and you seem to be getting along nicely with HomeSeer.

I would love to hear an update form you to know where you are now with your automation project - Or do I assume that because you haven't posted in here for a while that your girl friend has thrown your pc out the window from frustration?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leave a comment:

• Laldaas
    Guest replied
    Ah I see said the blind man, sorry Gogs a little slow tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Laldaas
    Guest replied
    Cogs are you refering to the New HomeSeer Online Tutorials I just briefly look them over and they look terriffic!

I wish the tutorials were around when I made the homeseer discovery.

The tutorial will make for an excellent crash course I have been away for some time and ready to get back into it. As of today I am pretty much starting from scratch again not that I ever had that much functioning to begin with any who

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    ................I am back on the scene ladies and gents what have I missed?
    Moz's question immediately above your post, perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Laldaas
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by nikez2k4 View Post
    Laldaas,

I have been reading your posts with great interest. You have asked a lot of the same questions I wanted to know and you seem to be getting along nicely with HomeSeer.

I would love to hear an update form you to know where you are now with your automation project - Or do I assume that because you haven't posted in here for a while that your girl friend has thrown your pc out the window from frustration?

Anyways, I am about to embark on the home automation scene and I just wanted to say thanks for your thread - I will be refering back to it often I think!!

Cheers,
    MOZ
    Well hello, I have returned :] I was away for a long while. Life has takin many of turns since my last post.

Update:

I left a job to start a new ( better ) one. I left the old one because my girl said she would not marry me until I was working less hours. I said ok, I quit!

It was quite an adjustment it took nearly 8+ months to get back into a routine who would have thunk it

The I purposed and she said yes!

Shortly after the engagement we purchased our first home Can you belive I was trying to automate an apartment when now I can do a whole house!

For the record the wife will go out the window before my PC

I am back on the scene ladies and gents what have I missed?

Leave a comment:

• nikez2k4
    Guest replied
    Thank You

Laldaas,

Anyways, I am about to embark on the home automation scene and I just wanted to say thanks for your thread - I will be refering back to it often I think!!

Cheers,
    MOZ

Leave a comment:

• Spectrum
    replied
    Laldaas, I know where you're coming from. It seems like I was afloat for some time. This message board was just great. Now, the thing talks to me all day long. Here's a script I like. It's good for showing your friends.

Put this in your scripts directory. Create an event that's voice triggered to "Never Mind" and run this script (nevermind.txt).

When you say "Computer" and it says "Yes sir?", if you then say "Never Mind", it'll come back with a crack.

Very simple script but it might help.

John
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Andrew,
    I believe this is exactly what these packages were designed to do.

Leave a comment:

• ArbWare
    replied
    newbie question....lets say you have the computer reading you the news....is there a way to interupt it and stop it?
    I too would be very interested in this...

For example..

Currently when i have Chimes playing... and a phone call comes in.. the CID announce comes over on top of the chimes..

Chimes are .wav
    CID is TTS

Both play through speaker app.

I haven't played with isspeaking or speakeasy yet.. but i'm not sure it would do the trick.. .. Would it halt the chimes... speak CID... resume chimes? (example.. top of hour.. i play the full Westminster chime.. then gong the hours ..(one gong looped the number of hours) <ONE Hours x looped file wav>. at noon this probably takes 15 seconds from start to finish?)

More likely.. i think it would finish whatever wav file is playing... then the queued CID.. then resume with the next chime file.. This would delay the CID by around 10 seconds (at top of hour) if the call came in 1 second after the top of the hour..

By that time.. i'm probably picking up the phone..

How do other folks do this?

Thanks

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• killervette
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp
    You know. This is an excellent question and one I do not know the answer to. There's are a couple of plugins that can control all speech output one is named IsSpeaking and the other is SpeakEasy. These will allow you to queue up speech phrases and speak them based on priority. I wonder if either of these has the ability to halt speech.
    can you explain or give a link to describe these plugins...for example what would i use them for? speech is built into hs

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by killervette
    newbie question....lets say you have the computer reading you the news....is there a way to interrupt it and stop it?
    You know. This is an excellent question and one I do not know the answer to. There's are a couple of plugins that can control all speech output one is named IsSpeaking and the other is SpeakEasy. These will allow you to queue up speech phrases and speak them based on priority. I wonder if either of these has the ability to halt speech.

Leave a comment:

• killervette
    replied
    newbie question....lets say you have the computer reading you the news....is there a way to interupt it and stop it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X