Black & Decker Outdoor Lamp Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black & Decker Outdoor Lamp Receiver

I recently purchased three of the outdoor Black and Decker Lamp Receivers for use with our landscaping lighting. According to Smarthome's website, they're X10 compatible. However, I've not been able to program the modules using my X10 Maxi linc or ControlLinc controllers.

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Thanks,
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

I purchased the gear as well, actually a B&D sensor, which as you say the website claims they are X10 compatible.

They are X10 compatible, the problem is as far as I can see, they are using X10 technology, but only for there own use. IE. there transmitter and there receiver.

There is no way you can set the House code. They are not compatible with HS which uses all facilities of X10.

In other words if you are running HS the the B&D gear don't work no how!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

They are X10 compatible BUT the only way I know to program them is using the Freewire kit. I bought the kit that had 2 of the outdoor modules as well as one lamp module at SmartHome for ~$30 but had to use their hand held remote to program them. After that I control them with HS. These things are a deal.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        They are X10 compatible BUT the only way I know to program them is using the Freewire kit.
        I stand corrected.

Is it worth the effort?
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,
          Are you asking me if getting these and programming them is worth the effort? If so definitely. Once they are programmed they are done and can be used for years and they work perfectly outside. At $15 each I consider them a deal.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Same here. You have to program the with the B&D base and remote then they work fine with regular X-10 control from HS. I used 5 of them for outside lights during the holidays. They work great.

Comment

I agree, I have a bunch of them outside and they work great. They are also always on sale on ebay, since B&D got out of the x10 biz I guess. You must have and use one of their freewire commuication modules (basically an x10 transeiver) and they do not seem to reposnd to signals from motion detectors.

Comment

Add Auto HomeLink capabilities to your smart home

Extra Twist: they can receive HOMELINK signals from HomeLink equiped car.

I've three homelink buttons in my car: one for the community's front gate, one for my garage door leaving one for the house.

That one button sends a signal to the B&D device, which I've then have send a X10 signal to HomeSeer. Since this car HomeLink connection can only send an "on" signal, I've used HS to determine if it is night or day and then either turn off all the house lights (in the morning) or turn on the entry light and an inside light on at night.

Yes you do need their handheld contoller to make this all work, but as previously pointed out, when on sale, it can be a slick addition.

Comment

The B&D base was the bit I missed out on, think I'll try and get one and give them another try.

Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Sounds like I made the right decision to get them. I just didn't see on the Smarthome web page that the base unit was required. It must have been noted in the fine print!
                    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Gogs,

May be lazy googling on my part but I can't see a UK distributor for these units - where did you get yours?

Malarcy

Comment

Amazon has this for $14.99 plus shipping.

Technical Details
                        Messenger Hub is the ""Brain"" of your freewire system - it relays wireless messages to your freewire system"
                        Indoor Remote controls lights, small electronics, and more from the palm of your hand
                        Lamp Receiver provides convenient control of incandescent lamps rated up to 300 watts
                        Outdoor Lamp Receivers are ideal for controlling low voltage landscape and holiday lighting
                        5 piece kit includes (1) Messenger Hub, (1) Indoor Remote, (1) Lamp Receiver, (2) Outdoor Lamp Receivers, and (1) 3V Lithium battery

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-F...tag=slickdeals

Comment

Originally posted by robert1 View Post
                          Amazon has this for $14.99 plus shipping.

Technical Details
                          Messenger Hub is the ""Brain"" of your freewire system - it relays wireless messages to your freewire system"
                          Indoor Remote controls lights, small electronics, and more from the palm of your hand
                          Lamp Receiver provides convenient control of incandescent lamps rated up to 300 watts
                          Outdoor Lamp Receivers are ideal for controlling low voltage landscape and holiday lighting
                          5 piece kit includes (1) Messenger Hub, (1) Indoor Remote, (1) Lamp Receiver, (2) Outdoor Lamp Receivers, and (1) 3V Lithium battery

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-F...tag=slickdeals
                          The outdoor modules are worth this alone. I have 8 of these now and love them.
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

Ordered one

Thanks for the tip - No more x10 appliance modules in ziploc bags for me!

Comment

OK - Got my freewire kit and it looks awesome. Question to you veterans: the outdoor lamp receivers have lots of warnings about only using for lighting, yet the specs say 15A resistive, 1/3hp motor and 500watt incand. So can you use them as appliance modules or not? Love to use this for my daughter's pool pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X