Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are USB-UIRT IR command files located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are USB-UIRT IR command files located?

I've recently started using HS 2.x with the USB-UIRT plugin. The computer the software was installed on died, so I re-installed all of the HS 2.x software on another computer along with the USB-UIRT and MLHS plugins.

I then copied over the entire "Config" and "Scripts" folders from the old installation to the new one. All of the plugins and hardware are working and I see all of my scripts and devices OK, but when I open the "IR Setup" tab in HS2.x, all of my previously learned IR commands are listed, but won't work (i.e. send the IR commands). The little 'LED' to the right of each IR command is clear, when it should be red indicating a learned IR command.

I tried relearning a few of the IR commands to make sure everything was setup correctly; and it is, but I was wondering where in the heck are the learned USB-UIRT commands stored? I thought everything (including learned IR) got saved to the Homeseer.mdb file, or at least, in the "Config" folder, but that appears untrue.

So my questions are:

1. Where are the USB-UIRT commands I previously learned supposed to be save, by default?
    2. Is is possible to put them into the new installation without having to relearn them? How?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ; April 22, 2006, 10:41 AM. Reason: clarification of question

I spent ages too, you will find them in the regestry. I exported the bit that I needed from my old pc and then imported. It saved me ages.....

Phill

Comment

Originally posted by phillb
      I spent ages too, you will find them in the regestry. I exported the bit that I needed from my old pc and then imported. It saved me ages.....

Phill
      phillb,

Thanks for responding, but I also got the same answer from the developer of the USB-UIRT plugin. My question is WHERE in the registry are the IR commands to be found? I looked and couldn't find anything in the registry relating to HS IR commands.

My bigger question, based on what the developer of the plugin told me, is why are the IR codes stored in the registry at all, and not in a file that can easily be transported from system to system? It's my understanding that this is done by HomeSeer and not the plugin. If that's true, why are the developers of HS making it so difficult and why haven't they responded to my questions?

Comment

try

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\UIRT_IR]

export this key and re imoport it.

Phill

Comment

HomeSeer 1.7 - 2, IR Export-Import?

I am trying to get my old captured IR codes from the Windows Registry (XP Pro, HomeSeer 1.7) to the new HomeSeer machine under Vista Business (32) - I can Export them from regedit and Import them but the USBUIRT interface under the new HomeSeer2 doesn't "see" them - is there something else I need to do to tell the interface / HomeSeer they are there in the Vista Registry?
          Otherwise the USBIRT is learning and sending IR commands fine - if only I could simply Import all my old codes - or is this wishful thinking?

Thanks

John Downe

Comment

Windows 7 64bit Registry Keys ???

Does anyone know where the IR helper stores the reg values in Win 7 for HomeSeer? They are differnant for XP/2003R2. I would like to import my codes rather than spend all day re-learning them.

The above message was posted on the UIRT forum, But since this thread (Sorry, an old one I know) had the registry entry for XP/2003R2 Server. I thought I post this question here as well, to update the information. I had no luck this weekend importing the reg code from 2003R2 into win 7 64bit.

Has anyone had any succuss with this?

Thanks,
            Skybolt
            -Skybolt

Comment

Well it appears that the registry hive is still in the same place, but HS just isn't seeing the new reg entries.

Ths use to work, not too long ago, 2.3 or so. ...
              If anyone has any tricks please feel free to post.

Thanks,
              Skybolt
              -Skybolt

Comment

IR database move

Apparently all of the IR related files in the config dir are needed as well, which actually got this back up and running on my new system. How ever ultimately I ended up coping all of the HS dir to the new Install. Man If I had started over as planned it would have taken me weeks to do a "fresh install" and get thing working right again.

So to recap what I did to move the IR from one system to another is this.

add the above reg keys - export originals and then import on new system.
                I coppied the xxx.mdb system file to the new system.
                installed ir device (for me it's USB-UIRT)
                coppied all IR-xxx.ini files from \config dir. (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\config)
                Started HS and all worked.

Not sure this is listed anywhere else on the board, anyway hope this helps someone.

-Skybolt
                -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                X