Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using A US TM751 In The UK .. ??

Hi,

I have a US version (110v AC 60Hz) of the TM751, for the reason that i have a job lot of US spec motion sensors that i want to use.

I have obtained from the trusty "bay" a voltage converter, to step down our trusty UK (240-ish v AC 50Hz) to the US volts and socket type.

The TM751 clicks quite happily when i press the on/off button, and also if i set one of the sensors to the same code as the TM751 and run round the room !!

However, nothing seems to be getting back to homeseer.

I am aware that the TM751 can only send powerline signals, but it should still be sending to the software .. and i'm getting nada.

Anyone have a solution/troubleshoot i can try ??

Thanks, as always ..

Dave.

Dave.

I'm not sure whether a step down / up transformer will work. Having a read on the net there seems to be conflicting discussions some saying the X10 signal will be lost and some say not. There does appear to be a common theme regarding the 120khz carrier being lost through induction but this can be fixed by adding a capacitor (but you would need to research how and what size)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_(industry_standard)

However there are some switched on electronic guys on this board that may have a clearer understanding of the propblem and resolution.

Phill

Comment

You can convert the TM751 to 230V quite easily with just a few electronic components and a soldering iron. (Some guidance here: http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana/index.htm)

Failing that, how about gettting a MR26A or W800 which supports the US RF frequency (I am currently running both UK and US spec MR26As using the ACRF plugin and it's working great).

FYI, there is a UK/Europe-based forum, near the bottom of the forum list: Regional User Groups/UK. It's always worth posting here for UK/Europe specific issues. There are quite a few of us outside of US using HomeSeer :-)

Regards,
      John

Comment

Working...
      X