Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, I need some explanation on the new users functionality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I need some explanation on the new users functionality.

All I see is the ability to either assign a new user as a guest or an admin. What's different from before? If I can't assign different permissions to different users then what's the use? TIA.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,
    I would say that there isn't much difference as far as the regular HS pages are concerned. This should change in future versions.
    But there is a way for scripts and plugins to be allowed to access the usernames.
    Currently I'm working on a plugin that will allow page access to be set for each user. There are 6 main web pages in the plugin and you will be able to set each username to have access just to the pages you want them to.

Eventually, Touchpad will be the same way. You will be able to set page access by username.

So while there may not be a lot of difference for the HomeSeer pages at the moment, it opens the door for scripts and plugins.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Now that's what I'm talkin about. I was thinking that there must be a scripting interface to the hs users just haven't had the time to look. Thanks. Greg
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there any tie between this new userid stuff and the windows users/groups? I'm not really fond of trying to maintain several different userid/password combinations. wish the user stuff would have used the windows api..

Comment

Working...
        X